Tracking help

Hi All,
I was hoping to get some help from someone who has some good knowledge / experience with using Mocha to track…
I have tried numerous ways to track…The challenge is not the type of footage. I am using JPG2000 codec from avchd.mts No edits other then trimming down from rough lengths from Prem Pro to the Quicktime file jpg2000
I have an actor in the foreground which I have masked out. I did not use a tight mask, as his movements are rapid and his arms flail around a bit, to get a tight track. So I made a large box track around him… (Is that a problem with Mocha to do it that way?)
I tracked it one way, locked the layer and turned off the gear icon as to NOT track again.
I then found an area that has texture and lives on the same plane. Yet when the shot pans to follow my actor the track jumps off my selected points. Yes, the Foreground track that is locked, is a top layer.
I have got close on some tracks, yet when In paste them to my object in AE they do not follow the track, even though my Blue Planer shows min movement or none. I
I am getting a few different results using all options including perspective, shear corner pin and Blur corner pin. Even tried tying it to a Null which did not work at all.
I started this thread over at AE, Got some good advice and applied it all to it. However, I am still NOT getting a useable track. So I thought to ask over here where the developers might have something to add?
Here is the other link to the thread to see pics. There are no pics allowed to upload here. One must use a host.

Thanks for the help on this.
Regards
NetCommercial

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response, you must have gotten lost in a recent forum shuffle. Can you just move the spline to another building while the actor goes over your building? What are you having trouble with in manual track?

Cheers,
Mary

Hi there,
Sorry for the delay in response, you must have gotten lost in a recent forum shuffle. Can you just move the spline to another building while the actor goes over your building? What are you having trouble with in manual track?
Cheers,
Mary

Ok. Please email your shot to maryp@imagineersystems.com and I’ll take a look on Monday and see if we can figure it out.

Bump I have tried many options yet I still cannot figure on how to keep my matte attached my building when my actor cuts through the shot. I have tried manual tracking. However I cannot figure how to re position my matte when it starts to move. It is like my matte is frozen. I was trying to lasso the whole matte and re position but no luck. Is there anyone around on this forum?
Thanks

Bump I have tried many options yet I still cannot figure on how to keep my matte attached my building when my actor cuts through the shot. I have tried manual tracking. However I cannot figure how to re position my matte when it starts to move. It is like my matte is frozen. I was trying to lasso the whole matte and re position but no luck. Is there anyone around on this forum?
Thanks

Mary,
I just don’t know… It is like the post video you made. However when my camera footage does a pan off the track area. Not going completely off scene. As my actor walks away from the building and the camera goes to follow my actor on that pan, The track jumps off the building. Evident on the link over to Adobe’s AE via link in my OP at the bottom.

Mary,
I just don’t know… It is like the post video you made. However when my camera footage does a pan off the track area. Not going completely off scene. As my actor walks away from the building and the camera goes to follow my actor on that pan, The track jumps off the building. Evident on the link over to Adobe’s AE via link in my OP at the bottom.