Tracking in and out of a shot

I have a clip, where due to the nature of the camera and it’s angle, there’s no consistent point or area that can be tracked. The camera rotates close to 180 degrees, then back again. So anything specific worthwhile tracking starts out out of the shot, moves in, back out, then back in again. What are my options for rtacking such a shot?

If you have more than one area on the same plane that you can track, just draw more shapes.
For example, if you are tracking a building and the part you track drops out of frame, try to find an area on the same plane (such as a neighbouring building) before it drops out and draw another shape on the layer using the “Add spline to layer” tool. This will then pick up where the other shape left off.
If you have a full 180 degree turn however it becomes difficult, as none of your objects are going to be on the same plane except the ground.
If you are replacing the sky, you may be able to do it, but it might require more than one planar track to look correct.

If you have more than one area on the same plane that you can track, just draw more shapes.

For example, if you are tracking a building and the part you track drops out of frame, try to find an area on the same plane (such as a neighbouring building) before it drops out and draw another shape on the layer using the “Add spline to layer” tool. This will then pick up where the other shape left off.

If you have a full 180 degree turn however it becomes difficult, as none of your objects are going to be on the same plane except the ground.

If you are replacing the sky, you may be able to do it, but it might require more than one planar track to look correct.

I have a clip, where due to the nature of the camera and it’s angle, there’s no consistent point or area that can be tracked. The camera rotates close to 180 degrees, then back again. So anything specific worthwhile tracking starts out out of the shot, moves in, back out, then back in again. What are my options for rtacking such a shot?

I hadattempted giving up on tracking, and was hoping to use the shape data export in order to create masked layers, which is the overall intent. However the foregroud that I need to mask was really complex with bushes, cacti, telephone wires, etc… I just gave up eventually, and went and shot my footage else where…

Thank you for your response. I may attempt more rotoscoping and shape exports in the future though, since it’s certainly better than AEs built in rotobrush, or manipulating masks natively in AE.

I hadattempted giving up on tracking, and was hoping to use the shape data export in order to create masked layers, which is the overall intent. However the foregroud that I need to mask was really complex with bushes, cacti, telephone wires, etc… I just gave up eventually, and went and shot my footage else where…
Thank you for your response. I may attempt more rotoscoping and shape exports in the future though, since it’s certainly better than AEs built in rotobrush, or manipulating masks natively in AE.