Tracking of aircraft halo: problem!

Hello everyone,
I’ve made a tracking with mocha on one of the nozzle of a aircraft, animated with Blender and imported as a png sequence in AE.
I’ve applied the tracking to a null object, this one being parented to a halo ( to pruce the flames), but a gap appeared.
Here’s this project:

Voil? ce que cela donne:
I’ve corrected manually several keys, it’s going better, but it far from being perfect.
The tracking data are only applied on the position & rotation, the anchor point of the null object is at 0,0.
Here’s a view from Mocha tracking.

I’ve also made the operation on a rocket launch, but it is easier because the movement is more simple, and i don’t need 3D
Here’s the rocket ( unfinished project):

I’am asking myself if it could be easier to assign my halo to a 3D curve…and try to follow the movement as close as possible…
What is yout opinion about it? Can you help me please?
Thanks a lot!
Sputnik
Je me demande si il ne sera pas plus simple que j’assigne mon halo ? une courbe 3D…

Hi there,
The roto shape data is not the same as the tracking data, so animating the points won’t help you. Though you could do an adjust track on the points to improve the tracking data. Especially since you have 4 corners there to correct with.
You may want to adjust the zoom amount though in the original track first for better results.
Cheers,
Mary

Hi there,

The roto shape data is not the same as the tracking data, so animating the points won’t help you. Though you could do an adjust track on the points to improve the tracking data. Especially since you have 4 corners there to correct with.

You may want to adjust the zoom amount though in the original track first for better results.

Cheers,
Mary

OK, but to get an accurate track you will still need those corners to hold on correctly. Perspective data won’t load in as a 3d movement anyway unless you’re using the camera solver, it’s just what mocha tracks to move the track along.

OK, but to get an accurate track you will still need those corners to hold on correctly. Perspective data won’t load in as a 3d movement anyway unless you’re using the camera solver, it’s just what mocha tracks to move the track along.

What I am saying is corner pinning has nothing to do with the track. The track is just represented by “corner pinning” to get to other programs by the surface tool. I am saying you need to track translation, scale, rotation, shear, and perspective, and use the data in whatever way you see fit. But align the surface tool to the corners of your jet engine exhaust port and check the track to make sure it is as accurate as possible.
You can still just use transform data when you export.
Does that make sense?

What I am saying is corner pinning has nothing to do with the track. The track is just represented by “corner pinning” to get to other programs by the surface tool. I am saying you need to track translation, scale, rotation, shear, and perspective, and use the data in whatever way you see fit. But align the surface tool to the corners of your jet engine exhaust port and check the track to make sure it is as accurate as possible.

You can still just use transform data when you export.

Does that make sense?

Hello everyone,

I’ve made a tracking with mocha on one of the nozzle of a aircraft, animated with Blender and imported as a png sequence in AE.

I’ve applied the tracking to a null object, this one being parented to a halo ( to pruce the flames), but a gap appeared.

Here’s this project:

Voil? ce que cela donne:

I’ve corrected manually several keys, it’s going better, but it far from being perfect.
The tracking data are only applied on the position & rotation, the anchor point of the null object is at 0,0.

Here’s a view from Mocha tracking.

I’ve also made the operation on a rocket launch, but it is easier because the movement is more simple, and i don’t need 3D

Here’s the rocket ( unfinished project):

I’am asking myself if it could be easier to assign my halo to a 3D curve…and try to follow the movement as close as possible…

What is yout opinion about it? Can you help me please?

Thanks a lot!

Sputnik
Je me demande si il ne sera pas plus simple que j’assigne mon halo ? une courbe 3D…

Hello!
Thanks for advices, but i only need a tracking with transform data, and no corner pinning.
I use rotation because my object can rotate and then modify the aspect of the smoke trailer to give it a better look, in the case of a rocket launch, as example.

Hello!

Thanks for advices, but i only need a tracking with transform data, and no corner pinning.

I use rotation because my object can rotate and then modify the aspect of the smoke trailer to give it a better look, in the case of a rocket launch, as example.

Hello, thanks for your answer.
You mean that corner pinning could help me to get accurate tracks, but the halo i’ve to track to track is not a flatten image, it is made with Optical Flares, ( and if i’ve to made a smoke trailer i use trapcode particular).*
So, i’ve got good results without using corner pinning but i’am gonna try it!
The perspective effect is made by animating the scale of my halo: Nearer, larger, farther, smaller.

Hello, thanks for your answer.

You mean that corner pinning could help me to get accurate tracks, but the halo i’ve to track to track is not a flatten image, it is made with Optical Flares, ( and if i’ve to made a smoke trailer i use trapcode particular).*

So, i’ve got good results without using corner pinning but i’am gonna try it!
The perspective effect is made by animating the scale of my halo: Nearer, larger, farther, smaller.

Hello!
sorry i misunderstood, i spent a lot of time on computers and i am a little bit tired!:eek:
Yes, of course, it is the way i’am working to do this job.

Hello!

sorry i misunderstood, i spent a lot of time on computers and i am a little bit tired!:eek:

Yes, of course, it is the way i’am working to do this job.