Tracking problem

Anyone ?

I have a tracking problem. (see video attached)
I want to replace the flyer ( in mirror view) on the moving door.
O

n the left site there is a stand with expert. The moving door is going behind it.
I tracked the stand on the first layer.
On the second layer (under the first layer) i tracked the moving door. (i tracked the sice of the flyer)
as the flyer moves to the left it becomes in contact with the stand (expert) and the track is becoming unstable. How can i track and replace the flyer on the moving door correctly with the stand (expert) on the left ?

Rudy

Hi Rudy,

Draw a shape around the stand and move that to the top of the layer pile. Mocha holds out shapes at the top of the layer pile from the shapes below them. So that means even if your tracking shape goes below that stand shape the stand shape will be ignored by the tracking shape beneath it. This is the case for every version of Mocha.

Try that and let me know if it works. If it does not, you may be working on an older version of Mocha where hold out shapes were not working correctly.

Make sure you avoid reflections when tracking this flyer and you might want to add the edges of the moving door to the tracking shape for best results.

Please let me know if you have any more questions and I will be happy to help you.

Cheers,
Mary

I notice on occasion, sometimes MochaAE, just won’t get the “ignore layer” info. If you quit and make your masks again, it will work. Silly, I know, but when we’re doing 100 scenes, sometimes it’s the best path.

Hello Mary.
Thanks for the tips.

I dit wat you ask. The problem is that the track of the flyer (with the moving door) is gooing of track.
First i draw a shape arround the stand and that is layer one (on top)
I track that.
Than i draw a shape arround the flyer and a little bit of de door.
I select averything to track because the door is moving in perspective. Then i deselect layer one en track layer two (beneed layer one) the track is loking good until iTS reaching the stand. Then the track is going wrong. The shape is changing on the left Side because iTS bumping against the stand. I tried everything :frowning:

I have version 2020.5 for Avid and working in progressive

Rudy

Mary. I even dit plus shapes to help the track. I have know 3 shapes on one layer to help mocha track. This dosn’t work. The track of the flyer is going off track. I even draw a shape with the brushtool.
This also didn’t fix the jop.

Rudy

Try moving the shape to avoid occlusions by hand. That could be a bug, but it should be fixed in 2020.5. So I am not sure without seeing your layer setup.

Hello Mary.

Perhaps i can give you a screenvideo.

Can i mail this to you. Or have you a cloud ?

Greetings,

Rudy

Verzonden vanaf mijn Samsung Galaxy S6

-------- Oorspronkelijk bericht --------

Hi Mary.

I found a tutorial of you with tracking occlusions.

I think to know wat I am doing wrong.

Let me test and I let you know…

Greetings Rudy

OK, let me know!

Hello Mary.

Everything i try… it don’t work :frowning:

Perhaps the footage is not good ?

Can I sent it to you, so you can define if wat I want is possible ?

Let me know were to sent it. It’s to big for mail.

Greetings Rudy

Hi Rudy,

The footage is probably fine, but there’s probably an occlusion like a reflection in your shape. Email me at MaryP@borisfx.com and I will take a look. Make sure to send me the project file too.

Cheers,
Mary

Hi Rudy,

I took a look at your file. Your occlusion for the stand was too tight, so the holdout was ineffective. Your shape around the poster did not include the doorframe, which it should have, for extra stability in the track, basically the more pixels you can give a texture tracker the better and in this case, the back of the poster texture became too light at the end of the shot to not need the door frame. At the end of your shot a very large flare comes over the top of the tracking area, making it a bit unstable. That’s an occlusion. Not all occlusions are opaque, sometimes light, reflections, and shadows are occlusions. This is especially a problem where glass is involved like this shot.

I took your file and moved your shapes into another folder, and added my own. I did have to use adjust track at the end of the shot to account for the flare. It was just not worth continuing to troubleshoot the track at that point. Sometimes, on shots where the track has major occlusions, some hand correction will be necessary.

Check your email for the Mocha file and let me know if it works for you!

Have a great day,
Mary

Hi Mary.

After the successful tracking from your side I decide to do it again by myself to try if I can do the same jop….

I looked at your file, selection parts and layer order.

I looked at your setting to track.

If I do it by myself the track of the door with poster is again slipping away. Did you do a correction by manual track. If yes…. Where can I see this in your projectfile ?

Because whatever I do. The correction Is for 1 frame and then it fals back to slipping again. Even when I use the Uber key.

The tracking is looking good for 90%. In the last frames is slipping away.

Where can I find “adjust track”?

Perhaps you can give me some advice…

Thanks in advance.

Rudy

Adjust track is what I used, it’s the tab right next to the tracking tab. You can check our mocha fundamentals videos and getting started with mocha videos for a better foundation in Mocha tracking, but here’s a quick tip for adjust track: https://borisfx.com/videos/quick-tip-adjust-track/

Hi Rudy! You replied VIA email and it put your contact information on the public forums from your signature. You might want to edit that.

Hi Mary.

Oh oke. Tnx for the info

Greetings.

Rudy

Verzonden vanaf mijn Samsung Galaxy S6

-------- Oorspronkelijk bericht --------