Tracking sky with soft clouds?

I have tried tracking a sky with soft clouds in Mocha for AE and not having much luck. is there a trick or a tutorial that might be out there that will help this situation?
The clouds are not well defined, this is what makes it hard to track i guess. My understanding is there should be defined corners to track? Where do i set my layer corners if I just want Mocha to look at the upper half of an image and there are no definite corners or points?
Thanks, mark

Hi Mark,

Can you post a frame from the video, so we can see how the clouds look?

Thanks,

J-P

Hi Mark,
Can you post a frame from the video, so we can see how the clouds look?
Thanks,
J-P

Hi Mark,
You do not need specific corners for tracking in mocha, just an area of textured detail. It helps to have some contrast in the footage so the search area can find details.
Have you tried ramping up the “minimum pixels used” percentage? This can be a at a low value to help speed things up, so a higher value can often solve a lot of more difficult tracks.

Hi Mark,

You do not need specific corners for tracking in mocha, just an area of textured detail. It helps to have some contrast in the footage so the search area can find details.

Have you tried ramping up the “minimum pixels used” percentage? This can be a at a low value to help speed things up, so a higher value can often solve a lot of more difficult tracks.

I have tried tracking a sky with soft clouds in Mocha for AE and not having much luck. is there a trick or a tutorial that might be out there that will help this situation?

The clouds are not well defined, this is what makes it hard to track i guess. My understanding is there should be defined corners to track? Where do i set my layer corners if I just want Mocha to look at the upper half of an image and there are no definite corners or points?

Thanks, mark

There are a few different shots like this. this one was taken with the camera on a platform and had a slight shake in it. i am trying to stabilize it and could not with Mocha. I was able to stabilize it using “Smoothcam” in Final Cut Pro! i figure if Final Cut could stabilize it, Mocha should be able to.
Others are hand held shots of water and sky. I want to track them to place other elements in the shot but the track drifts.

There are a few different shots like this. this one was taken with the camera on a platform and had a slight shake in it. i am trying to stabilize it and could not with Mocha. I was able to stabilize it using “Smoothcam” in Final Cut Pro! i figure if Final Cut could stabilize it, Mocha should be able to.

Others are hand held shots of water and sky. I want to track them to place other elements in the shot but the track drifts.