Tracking stop-motion

Hi all,

I’m currently evaluating Mocha for use on a stop motion feature and i’m having some difficulties getting good tracks. I’ve previously used Mocha at another facility (non stop-motion), for tracking, and had no real problems getting some tracks out of it - however i’m struggling to get anything useful out of it as present and am wondering if anyone’s had any issues tracking stop motion filmed footage (without motion blur)?

I’ve been through various online tutorials and have put more effort into getting a track, than I had ever previously, but I can’t get a stable track exported to Nuke, for some easy tasks.

TIA

Hi all,
I’m currently evaluating Mocha for use on a stop motion feature and i’m having some difficulties getting good tracks. I’ve previously used Mocha at another facility (non stop-motion), for tracking, and had no real problems getting some tracks out of it - however i’m struggling to get anything useful out of it as present and am wondering if anyone’s had any issues tracking stop motion filmed footage (without motion blur)?
I’ve been through various online tutorials and have put more effort into getting a track, than I had ever previously, but I can’t get a stable track exported to Nuke, for some easy tasks.
TIA

Hey Ross,

There’s not really - the camera/gimble moves are smooth for the mostpart, which is what is confusing me.

I’ll keep the offer in mind thanks (although that wouldn’t be my ultimate decision) - i’ve a couple of other people here that have used Mocha previously, so will see if they can get any usable results.

I just thought it was worth checking to see if any issues had come up previously with stop motion footage, which is often w/o motion blur and sometimes animated every other frame

Thanks

R

Hey Ross,
There’s not really - the camera/gimble moves are smooth for the mostpart, which is what is confusing me.
I’ll keep the offer in mind thanks (although that wouldn’t be my ultimate decision) - i’ve a couple of other people here that have used Mocha previously, so will see if they can get any usable results.
I just thought it was worth checking to see if any issues had come up previously with stop motion footage, which is often w/o motion blur and sometimes animated every other frame
Thanks
R

Is there a lot of little jitter in the footage? Possibly try changing the parameters in track tab to “small motion”.

If you’d like to send us some footage, we can take a look (we can sign an NDA if necessary)

best,
Ross

Is there a lot of little jitter in the footage? Possibly try changing the parameters in track tab to “small motion”.
If you’d like to send us some footage, we can take a look (we can sign an NDA if necessary)
best,
Ross