Tracking with Matte obscurating 100%

Hi there

Mocha is wonderful but i have a little problem with a track i want to solve.

I’m doing a track with a matte, and on 1 or 2 frames the mattes is on top of the surface i’m tracking, so you can’t see the surface to track at all…

if i move the shapeby hand, it’s not very accurate.

Do you have a better idea?

Thanks a lot

++

Hi vincepapaix,

When your track is entirely obscured you really only have two options:

1. If there is something else that is on the same plane as what you are tracking, you can stop the track and move your search area over to the uncovered area and keep tracking.

2. If there is nothing else you can track on the same plane, you will need to manually track for those frames.

Hi vincepapaix,
When your track is entirely obscured you really only have two options:

1. If there is something else that is on the same plane as what you are tracking, you can stop the track and move your search area over to the uncovered area and keep tracking.
  2. If there is nothing else you can track on the same plane, you will need to manually track for those frames.

The search area splines are just that: They search in an area and tell your track where to look for data.

The easiest way to show this is by turning on your surface as you track. When you stop the track and move the spline to a new area you will notice that the surface does not move. This is because the tracked surface is not linked to the spline, it is only moving based on what the planar tracker can calculate from the search areas.

A lot of people get this confused, as it seems like the movement of the spline is controlling the surface. In fact the opposite is the case. This tutorial explains why:
http://www.imagineersystems.com/products/mocha/mocha_unlink_tutorial.mov

The search area splines are just that: They search in an area and tell your track where to look for data.
The easiest way to show this is by turning on your surface as you track. When you stop the track and move the spline to a new area you will notice that the surface does not move. This is because the tracked surface is not linked to the spline, it is only moving based on what the planar tracker can calculate from the search areas.
A lot of people get this confused, as it seems like the movement of the spline is controlling the surface. In fact the opposite is the case. This tutorial explains why:
http://www.imagineersystems.com/products/mocha/mocha_unlink_tutorial.mov

Hi Martin,
thank you for your quick answer.
How can i move my search area without tell Mocha i change the track?
Thank you for your help. It’s a very good software :slight_smile:

Hi there
Mocha is wonderful but i have a little problem with a track i want to solve.
I’m doing a track with a matte, and on 1 or 2 frames the mattes is on top of the surface i’m tracking, so you can’t see the surface to track at all…
if i move the shapeby hand, it’s not very accurate.
Do you have a better idea?
Thanks a lot
++

Hi Martin,

thank you for your quick answer.

How can i move my search area without tell Mocha i change the track?

Thank you for your help. It’s a very good software :slight_smile:

It’s exactly what i was looking for, thanks a lot

++

It’s exactly what i was looking for, thanks a lot
++