Tracking

Hello, I apologize for this question ahead of time. But I have viewed the tutorials and I still come up short on this. Specifically, the iceberg tutorial. The situation I want to know is I want to track one part of the scene, but use that data to give to a another shot. I don’t need to track a sign, and the put a new sign in that spot. I want to use the data to make a large sign that will rotate with the scene. When I follow the iceberg tutorial, the sign still ends up small (the size of my tracking) Please can anyone help. Take a look at the screen shot. Thanks ahead of time.

Bob Thompson

Hi Bob,
Switch on the surface - that’s with a button in the view controls on the right of the interface. You will now see a blue rectangle. The position of this rectangle dictates the corner pin data you get in AE.
I would suggest you go to the first frame in your shot, then hit Align Surface, this is a button on the left of the screen. You will now see that the blue surface aligns with the corners of the frame. If you scrub through the shot, you will see that the surface moves with your track.
Now export the tracking and apply it to a layer that has the same dimensions as your background clip. Use a precomp if necessary. This should give the results you are looking for.
The area you have tracked is much smaller than the size of the object you want to insert. This means any errors or jitter in the tracking will be amplified. YMMV, but if you get jitter, track a larger area, for example by extending your layer further along the rail.
Best regards,
J-P

Hi Bob,

Switch on the surface - that’s with a button in the view controls on the right of the interface. You will now see a blue rectangle. The position of this rectangle dictates the corner pin data you get in AE.

I would suggest you go to the first frame in your shot, then hit Align Surface, this is a button on the left of the screen. You will now see that the blue surface aligns with the corners of the frame. If you scrub through the shot, you will see that the surface moves with your track.

Now export the tracking and apply it to a layer that has the same dimensions as your background clip. Use a precomp if necessary. This should give the results you are looking for.

The area you have tracked is much smaller than the size of the object you want to insert. This means any errors or jitter in the tracking will be amplified. YMMV, but if you get jitter, track a larger area, for example by extending your layer further along the rail.

Best regards,

J-P

Hello, I apologize for this question ahead of time. But I have viewed the tutorials and I still come up short on this. Specifically, the iceberg tutorial. The situation I want to know is I want to track one part of the scene, but use that data to give to a another shot. I don’t need to track a sign, and the put a new sign in that spot. I want to use the data to make a large sign that will rotate with the scene. When I follow the iceberg tutorial, the sign still ends up small (the size of my tracking) Please can anyone help. Take a look at the screen shot. Thanks ahead of time.
Bob Thompson