Trouble with Rotoshape Plugin

Hi,

I am having trouble with the rotoshape plugin as I did a great track but when I export the shape data and paste it on to the footage in AE, it’s offset
compared to how it looks in Mocha.

To clarify this a little more I have attached two photos, one is for how the shape looks in Mocha and the other is how it is when exported to AE. I have checked the settings and the file parameters are the same in both programs.

If anyone can provide me any clarification, that would be great.

Thanks!!

Elli

Hi Ross,

Thanks for your reply. It’s not a custom comp size at all. It’s 720x480, 23.976 frames per second. I am at the point now where I am using mocha to do the track and then pasting the tracking data into the AE comp and it looks great.

However, I would like to use the shape plugin, do I have to wait for a bux fix release?

Let me know,

Thanks,

Elli

Hi Ross,

I have no problem sending you the project files, however, do you need to have the .mov files as well?

Let me know,

Thanks,
Elli

Ok, great. I will make the changes as suggested and let you know my result.

Thanks Ross!

Elli

—Quote (Originally by eraynai)—
Ok, great. I will make the changes as suggested and let you know my result.

Thanks Ross!

Elli
—End Quote—

Hi Ross,

Unfortunately your suggestion did not solve the problem, do you have any other ideas of what could be going wrong?

Elli

Elli,
I believe the problem is PAR. For some reason your mocha project is defaulting to a strange pixel aspect and not matching your AE comp setting.

Try going to mocha clip settings (lower left) then, under film set the PAR to custom and .9 (or .91 for CS4).

I believe this should fix the problem.

-R

What is the comp size in mocha and in AE?
Check PAR settings and the clip fps (interpret clip in AE).

Is this clip a custom resolution? There is a known issue that has been fixed on custom and film res projects. Point release will be posted soon.

Best,
Ross

You will need to post me the source file.

You can ftp it:
ftp.imagineersystems.com
user: mocha
pw: 12345678

Please send me an email when it is uploaded.
-R

No, mocha shape should be working fine. My guess is that possibly the source file is not interpreted at the same fps or the PAR settings are off. If you want to email me the mocha project and the AE project, I can look.
RossS@imagineersystems.com