Uber Key restricted to In and Out point

Hey, was following along on some of the Curious Turtle training and one of the interesting things that was mentioned was about using the Uber key, but setting the In and Out to restrict the span of time that the Uber key affects.
I’m using Mocha Pro 2.6.1 but it doesn’t seem like it has that behavior. The Uber key affects all keyframes, regardless of the In and Outs.

Hey, was following along on some of the Curious Turtle training and one of the interesting things that was mentioned was about using the Uber key, but setting the In and Out to restrict the span of time that the Uber key affects.

I’m using Mocha Pro 2.6.1 but it doesn’t seem like it has that behavior. The Uber key affects all keyframes, regardless of the In and Outs.

Basically what I’m doing is – using the standard tracking and roto workflow. Track a shape, then link a more refined roto shape to that tracking data and continue to add keyframes to roto as necessary.
Where I’m looking to use Uberkey is, I want to be able to alter my roto shape between a region that I define with the In and Outs, so that will still maintain the animation that I added to it with the keyframes, while offsetting by a relative amount wherever I nudge it to with the Uberkey active.
I’m not sure which Curious Turtle it was, I’ve watched a few of them over the past few weeks. I’m not sure which version of Mocha I was on before, but I could’ve sworn it was working the way I wanted before, and only seems not to be.
I looked again at the manual, and it appears that it should be working the way I mention
page 50 of the Quickstart Manual says –
‘?berkey affects only those frames between the timeline’s In and Out point. If you wish to make adjustments to a particular range, set the In and Out points to that range.’

Basically what I’m doing is – using the standard tracking and roto workflow. Track a shape, then link a more refined roto shape to that tracking data and continue to add keyframes to roto as necessary.

Where I’m looking to use Uberkey is, I want to be able to alter my roto shape between a region that I define with the In and Outs, so that will still maintain the animation that I added to it with the keyframes, while offsetting by a relative amount wherever I nudge it to with the Uberkey active.

I’m not sure which Curious Turtle it was, I’ve watched a few of them over the past few weeks. I’m not sure which version of Mocha I was on before, but I could’ve sworn it was working the way I wanted before, and only seems not to be.

I looked again at the manual, and it appears that it should be working the way I mention

page 50 of the Quickstart Manual says –

‘?berkey affects only those frames between the timeline’s In and Out point. If you wish to make adjustments to a particular range, set the In and Out points to that range.’

Hi!

Can you give us some more details about this workflow?

Which method are you using for restricting the trackable area? Have you tracked the entire length of the shot when you do this? What version of mocha is the curious turtle tutorial you are watching using?

Cheers,
Mary

Hi!
Can you give us some more details about this workflow?
Which method are you using for restricting the trackable area? Have you tracked the entire length of the shot when you do this? What version of mocha is the curious turtle tutorial you are watching using?
Cheers,
Mary

Hmm. OK. Are you setting the range with numbers or by dragging the red brackets around the timeline?

Also, can you email me the file? I can test it as well.

Cheers,
Mary

Hmm. OK. Are you setting the range with numbers or by dragging the red brackets around the timeline?
Also, can you email me the file? I can test it as well.
Cheers,
Mary

Thank you for letting me know. I will try to repeat this on my end and see if it is working as intended.

Thank you for letting me know. I will try to repeat this on my end and see if it is working as intended.

Hi there,
The Uberkey issues should be fixed in the latest version of the software, we tested them on our end. Could you send a screen recording so I can send it to my devs? We are working on fixing this issue, but do not have an ETA on the fix.
We have had people ask for the ability to adjust their mocha interface color, I will add your vote to that list.
Cheers,
Mary

Hi there,

The Uberkey issues should be fixed in the latest version of the software, we tested them on our end. Could you send a screen recording so I can send it to my devs? We are working on fixing this issue, but do not have an ETA on the fix.

We have had people ask for the ability to adjust their mocha interface color, I will add your vote to that list.

Cheers,
Mary

I just upgraded to Mocha AE 3.1.1, and despite obvious differences between the bundled AE CS6 version and the standalone, I’m still having the same issue with the ?berkey not respecting in and out points. Also, the default color schema for the AE CS6 bundled version is better than the standalone. Easier to see.

I just upgraded to Mocha AE 3.1.1, and despite obvious differences between the bundled AE CS6 version and the standalone, I’m still having the same issue with the ?berkey not respecting in and out points. Also, the default color schema for the AE CS6 bundled version is better than the standalone. Easier to see.

I’m having issues with the ?berkey ignoring the in and out points as well. I set them via drag or GUI button. (Incidentally, I usually have to use the mouse to set in and out points because mocha regularly ignores the keyboard shortcuts, shift-i and shift-o, after I select a layer to work on.)

I’m having issues with the ?berkey ignoring the in and out points as well. I set them via drag or GUI button. (Incidentally, I usually have to use the mouse to set in and out points because mocha regularly ignores the keyboard shortcuts, shift-i and shift-o, after I select a layer to work on.)

Has this ever been solved? Im currently in AECC 2018 and the In/Out range doesnt seem to be working in concert with UberKey. I want to adjust the edge a bunch of keys in a specific range. However, whatever I do effets all keys in the entire sequence.

Please send help.

No, the Uber key currently affects all keys on the timeline even if there is an in and out point set.

Bummer, I wish this would work. It would my life soooo much easier right now. Any suggestions to get control of edges over a certain number of frames?

Yes, you can try linking a new roto shape to that track and then using auto key to drop keyframes right next to one another where you need transitions and then animate between those sections.

][…][…][ <-------like so, if that makes sense, where ] is an out point and [ is an in point as far as keyframes are concerned.