Uhm... Where am I supposed to find documentation for MochaAE CS6?

I am at a loss here. I’ve managed to do an almost decent track on a clip. Though there are a couple of problem-frames. So I discover that there’s a Curve-editor, but… uhm… how do I use it? And that’s the thing for most of the tools in Mocha AE CS6… How am I supposed to use them?
I click help and go for online documentation. But that only links to the new Mocha 3 documentation. Confusing me with a ton of stuff that isn’t in the version I’m using.
I try the offline version, and it just says File Not Found. I search around the imagineer homepage. And all I’m getting is “this is Mocha AE CS6… But you should get Mocha 3”. Yeah, that helps a lot… -.-
I mean… by trial and error, I managed to figure out how to use the blending-modes to account for obstructions, what is described in the documentation (but in the documentation it’s using Mocha3 with really different tools). So I am quite confused
Is there any way. Anywhere I can find any documentation on how I am supposed to use this version? Documentation that isn’t written for a completely different version?
Or at least, could someone give me some pointers as to how the curve editor is to be used. And in what context? And where I can find some tips about fixing the offending 3-4 frames of my track. (I’m thinking of somehow just deleting them and letting it interpolate. But somehow I’m not able to do that. Am I supposed to be able to do that? I don’t know? I can’t find anything relevant)
I redid the track and then I let the few frames wobble, because the actor covered the area where I am putting the effect in the background anyways. But for future reference? Where’s the actual documentation?

I am at a loss here. I’ve managed to do an almost decent track on a clip. Though there are a couple of problem-frames. So I discover that there’s a Curve-editor, but… uhm… how do I use it? And that’s the thing for most of the tools in Mocha AE CS6… How am I supposed to use them?

I click help and go for online documentation. But that only links to the new Mocha 3 documentation. Confusing me with a ton of stuff that isn’t in the version I’m using.

I try the offline version, and it just says File Not Found. I search around the imagineer homepage. And all I’m getting is “this is Mocha AE CS6… But you should get Mocha 3”. Yeah, that helps a lot… -.-

I mean… by trial and error, I managed to figure out how to use the blending-modes to account for obstructions, what is described in the documentation (but in the documentation it’s using Mocha3 with really different tools). So I am quite confused

Is there any way. Anywhere I can find any documentation on how I am supposed to use this version? Documentation that isn’t written for a completely different version?

Or at least, could someone give me some pointers as to how the curve editor is to be used. And in what context? And where I can find some tips about fixing the offending 3-4 frames of my track. (I’m thinking of somehow just deleting them and letting it interpolate. But somehow I’m not able to do that. Am I supposed to be able to do that? I don’t know? I can’t find anything relevant)

I redid the track and then I let the few frames wobble, because the actor covered the area where I am putting the effect in the background anyways. But for future reference? Where’s the actual documentation?

—Quote—
Which system are you on? The offline documentation for mocha should load and be relevant to your version, however if you are not seeing it, that is a concern. The online docs are constantly updated for current versions, although the curve editor has not changed.
—End Quote—
That sounds reassuring, but if it doesn’t load (as said, I just get a file not found message), is there any way I can get to the offline version, or manually download it?

I’m using Mocha AE CS6 installed with AE CS6 from the Creative Cloud. I’m on a Windows 7 64 bit system

What you’re saying about the online docs being updated for current versions confuses me a bit too, since it’s not just updates to the version with fixes, it seems like it’s documenting a different version of the program (by that I mean it’s talking about mocha3 pro but I’m looking for docs for Mocha AE CS6 without the extra bells and wistles of mocha3).

—Quote—
In order to delete a tracking key from the curve editor you need to click the eye on the track for the layer to reveal the keys. You can scroll in with the mouse wheel to zoom into the track, or use the zoom tool/Z key and pan tools to move around.

Locate the key you want to remove and you can marquee around it and delete it with the delete key.
—End Quote—
Yes, I did manage to find out (again, by trial and error, since the documentation I found didn’t mention that module) that I could see the keyframes by navigating in the curve editor down to the single track and clicking the eyeball (the x & y keys for tracking and zooming where just hysterically unusable in this editor by the way, it seemed that no matter what I did, it would go away from what I was trying to see…) But deleting the individual keys and even moving the position of the remaining keys more in line with the trend did nothing to the track that I saw (I tried both deleting and moving). Is there something I missed? Some refresh-button I need to press in order for the track to update with the edited keys?

—Quote—
Alternatively you can switch to Manual mode in the track tab and the track keys will be revealed. You can then navigate to the problem key and delete it with the timeline key tools.

If you just need to fix problem drifts or bumps however, I recommend using the Adjust Track module instead, as that is what it is intended for. It adds a layer of information above the tracking data so you can correct any issues.
—End Quote—
I’ll have to look into the adjust track module a bit more, but since I was in a kind of crunch and I was tracking the whole background, not just a square feature, I got very confused as to what I was supposed to pin the adjust-corners to. I managed with this project. But for future reference, again. I’ll need to look into this.

—Quote—
Which system are you on? The offline documentation for mocha should load and be relevant to your version, however if you are not seeing it, that is a concern. The online docs are constantly updated for current versions, although the curve editor has not changed.
—End Quote—
That sounds reassuring, but if it doesn’t load (as said, I just get a file not found message), is there any way I can get to the offline version, or manually download it?
I’m using Mocha AE CS6 installed with AE CS6 from the Creative Cloud. I’m on a Windows 7 64 bit system
What you’re saying about the online docs being updated for current versions confuses me a bit too, since it’s not just updates to the version with fixes, it seems like it’s documenting a different version of the program (by that I mean it’s talking about mocha3 pro but I’m looking for docs for Mocha AE CS6 without the extra bells and wistles of mocha3).
—Quote—
In order to delete a tracking key from the curve editor you need to click the eye on the track for the layer to reveal the keys. You can scroll in with the mouse wheel to zoom into the track, or use the zoom tool/Z key and pan tools to move around.
Locate the key you want to remove and you can marquee around it and delete it with the delete key.
—End Quote—
Yes, I did manage to find out (again, by trial and error, since the documentation I found didn’t mention that module) that I could see the keyframes by navigating in the curve editor down to the single track and clicking the eyeball (the x & y keys for tracking and zooming where just hysterically unusable in this editor by the way, it seemed that no matter what I did, it would go away from what I was trying to see…) But deleting the individual keys and even moving the position of the remaining keys more in line with the trend did nothing to the track that I saw (I tried both deleting and moving). Is there something I missed? Some refresh-button I need to press in order for the track to update with the edited keys?
—Quote—
Alternatively you can switch to Manual mode in the track tab and the track keys will be revealed. You can then navigate to the problem key and delete it with the timeline key tools.
If you just need to fix problem drifts or bumps however, I recommend using the Adjust Track module instead, as that is what it is intended for. It adds a layer of information above the tracking data so you can correct any issues.
—End Quote—
I’ll have to look into the adjust track module a bit more, but since I was in a kind of crunch and I was tracking the whole background, not just a square feature, I got very confused as to what I was supposed to pin the adjust-corners to. I managed with this project. But for future reference, again. I’ll need to look into this.

Hi jmalmsten,

Hi jmalmsten,

Check this folder in your After Effects directory:
/Support Files/Plug-ins/Effects/Imagineer/(mocha support)/help/

The PDF should be there. I’ll check this out, as it should automatically be called inside mocha.

The X key pans as normal in the curve editor, but the Z key will zoom the parameter spacing when you move up and down, and the key spacing when you move side-to-side.

In order to delete keys you must first select their parameter tracks. You can then clear them. Deleting a track key should show as a red space in the timeline.

Sometimes when you move curve points the curves will also not refresh, which is a defect being looked at.

The curve editor is quite finicky in general and as such we have replaced much of the commonly used functionality with the dope sheet in mocha V3 (which is why you see mocha 3 mentioned a lot in relation to it). There are very few times when you will ever need to use the curve editor, but we apologise for the lack of good detail on it.

Adjust track is mostly intended for the kind of fixes you mentioned (jumps and drifts in footage).
The pins represent the corners of the surface for the tracked plane. Adjust track has not changed in multiple versions so documentation is current on it:
http://www.imagineersystems.com/support/Documentation/copy_of_adjusting-the-track

We also have a video tutorial on it here:
http://www.imagineersystems.com/videos/04_advanced_tracking.m4v/view

You can also look at manual tracking to help with these types of issues here:
http://www.imagineersystems.com/videos/manual-track/view

Check this folder in your After Effects directory:
/Support Files/Plug-ins/Effects/Imagineer/(mocha support)/help/
The PDF should be there. I’ll check this out, as it should automatically be called inside mocha.
The X key pans as normal in the curve editor, but the Z key will zoom the parameter spacing when you move up and down, and the key spacing when you move side-to-side.
In order to delete keys you must first select their parameter tracks. You can then clear them. Deleting a track key should show as a red space in the timeline.
Sometimes when you move curve points the curves will also not refresh, which is a defect being looked at.
The curve editor is quite finicky in general and as such we have replaced much of the commonly used functionality with the dope sheet in mocha V3 (which is why you see mocha 3 mentioned a lot in relation to it). There are very few times when you will ever need to use the curve editor, but we apologise for the lack of good detail on it.
Adjust track is mostly intended for the kind of fixes you mentioned (jumps and drifts in footage).
The pins represent the corners of the surface for the tracked plane. Adjust track has not changed in multiple versions so documentation is current on it:
http://www.imagineersystems.com/support/Documentation/copy_of_adjusting-the-track
We also have a video tutorial on it here:
http://www.imagineersystems.com/videos/04_advanced_tracking.m4v/view
You can also look at manual tracking to help with these types of issues here:
http://www.imagineersystems.com/videos/manual-track/view