Unable to activate Mocha Pro v2021 on Flame 2020

Hi, I couldn’t find the “license and registration” section in Flame 2020, so I haven’t been able to use the license. Can you help to let me know the path of this section within Flame 2020?

Thank you!

Hi Elis,

Here’s a link to the instructions for licensing Mocha Pro. Let me know if you need further help.

https://borisfx.com/support/documentation/mocha/6.0.0/license-instructions/

Hi Victor,

Thank you for replying.

Yes, I went through that page, but I couldn’t find the information for Autodesk Flame. The software that I purchased is MochaPro 2021 (OFX Plug-in). I read this link (Boris FX | License tool returns an error about wrong hosts when attempting to license within Mocha) as well, as I’m having an activation problem, but there is no instruction on Autodesk Flame (I couldn’t find the “license and registration” section).

I’ve attached the image of the error that I encountered just for your reference. Can you let me know how I can get to the “license and registration” section of Autodesk Flame?

Thank you.

Hi there,

To protect your confidential information, please submit a support request. It looks like you have a key for the incorrect software and it may have been issued in error. https://borisfx.com/support/open-a-case/

Hi maryp,

I already did, they gave me a few different ways to try, but the problem couldn’t be solved. So I want to try to activate the license through the host program - Autodesk Flame 2020. If the issue still persists, it means there’s a problem with the license itself. The problem is, I don’t know where the “license and registration” section that’s mentioned in the documentation (for Flame 2020), so I can’t even try to activate it there.

Do you know where the “license and registration” section of Flame 2020 is?

Hi Elis,

In flame, once you have set up the OFX node correctly, click on page 2, you will see the license control which will allow you to bring up the Boris FX license tool through the host.

However, if you try that and it still doesn’t work, we need to see about getting you a new key and we need to do that via the support channel.

Cheers,
Mary

Hi Mary,

Sure, thank you very much for your help! I really appreciate it.
Have a great weekend!

Thanks,
Elis