"Unable to get position in front of camera"

This message appear when I switched to Manual track and dragged one of the plane surface corners.
The problem is that after pressing OK the message appear again and again.
How can I resume working without forcing the application to close and restart?

What version are you working with?
Can you send a screen grab of the problem?

Are you able to email the footage and project file to look at?
martinb[at]imagineersystems.com

Ok, looking at the file I was able to track it without the same problem. It looks like your surface points have flipped around in that screen shot.
I had to use adjust track to tweak a couple of frames at the end, but this seems to have been a fairly straightforward track.

1. I started with the most complex area: Where the hand is touching the surface of the screen. I just draw a shape around the rest of the available surface and outside the tablet edges.
  2. I tracked forward from this point, making the shape larger once his hand is removed.
  3. I then tracked backwards, also making the shape larger once the hand was gone
  4. I found a large easy to see area in the middle of the shot and moved the surface corners to fit the tablet.
  5. Where the track slips at the end due to the heavy motion blur, I switched to adjust track and tweaked the final frames of the surface
    Attached is the project. I’ve not refined it much so it probably needs a few more frame tweaks. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks, i’ll check out the clip.

Sure!
Here is a screenshot.
This time I intentionally caused it by stretching the surface plane too far, but after that it’s all the same - not being able to continue and shutting the app down from the Task Manager.
[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/screencapture000.png/]Image: http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3594/screencapture000.png
I am using 2.6.1 Build 4014

Unfortunately I don’t have the project anymore.
The part of the footage is actually from a recent Syntheyes tutorial.
You can see the tutorial here:

And to download the used footage for free from here:

I was curious if I could get a good track in Mocha using the same footage, and honestly it turned to be a little complicated :slight_smile:
So in one of my tries I switched to Manual Track and then the problem appeared.
It is not related to the project file or the footage themselves - it happens from time to time when you are in Manual Track mode.
I am pretty curious to see a good solution for this case anyway :slight_smile:

That’s a pretty solid track!
Thanks for trying!
Obviously the key was the percentage of pixels used for the solve.
Mine were too high and probably it included the hand shadow on the pad as well as the dots “trails”