Unable to import to Mocha for AE CS 5.5

Greetings all!
New user here…
I find I am unable to import ANY type of video file to Mocha for AE after recently installing Trapcode Suite. (.mov .mp4 .m2v .mpg) Nor can I load any previous projects that have video files associated with them.
I recently had some trouble installing Trapcode Suite. I had to uninstall a previous version of Particular and couldn’t. Their support team told me to try using a registry cleaner, then after repeated failures, to use a program to force an uninstall. This all worked finally, and I got it installed.
Bottom line is that a number of programs were affected. (that’s what I get for messing with the registry, right…?)
I have already updated my Nvidia graphics driver and reinstalled Apple Quicktime.
The message I am getting is that the “file is corrupted or unsupported”.
Any suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks!
“D”

Greetings all!

New user here…

I find I am unable to import ANY type of video file to Mocha for AE after recently installing Trapcode Suite. (.mov .mp4 .m2v .mpg) Nor can I load any previous projects that have video files associated with them.

I recently had some trouble installing Trapcode Suite. I had to uninstall a previous version of Particular and couldn’t. Their support team told me to try using a registry cleaner, then after repeated failures, to use a program to force an uninstall. This all worked finally, and I got it installed.

Bottom line is that a number of programs were affected. (that’s what I get for messing with the registry, right…?)

I have already updated my Nvidia graphics driver and reinstalled Apple Quicktime.

The message I am getting is that the “file is corrupted or unsupported”.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks!

“D”

wow…I just spent about an hour trying to locate the preferences in mocha and can’t find it. (Don’t have a mac)
~/Library/Preferences/com.imagineersystems.*.plist
Would this be the path in Mocha for After Effects CS 5.5
Couldn’t find the cache either.
Thanks
"d’

wow…I just spent about an hour trying to locate the preferences in mocha and can’t find it. (Don’t have a mac)

~/Library/Preferences/com.imagineersystems.*.plist

Would this be the path in Mocha for After Effects CS 5.5

Couldn’t find the cache either.

Thanks

"d’

Can you try to trash the preferences in mocha?
To be safe delete all files that match the following name: ~/Library/Preferences/com.imagineersystems.*.plist
This will delete prefs for all Imagineer products. Make sure mocha is closed when you delete the preferences, on restart it will ask you to reset them.

You may also want to delete mocha’s cache.

Can you try to trash the preferences in mocha?
To be safe delete all files that match the following name: ~/Library/Preferences/com.imagineersystems.*.plist
This will delete prefs for all Imagineer products. Make sure mocha is closed when you delete the preferences, on restart it will ask you to reset them.
You may also want to delete mocha’s cache.

Oh, that’s my fault. I should have asked you what OS you were on. Let me see if I can track down the location for those for you.
Cheers,
Mary

Oh, that’s my fault. I should have asked you what OS you were on. Let me see if I can track down the location for those for you.

Cheers,
Mary