Unable to stabilize: Frame 1 outside range of stabilized frames

Why does it say like this?

Unable to stabilize: Frame 1 outside range of stabilized frames

(NB only tracked frames can be stabilized)

I have already set project settings offset 1, because the first frame number of my clip is 1.

Can you please tell me how to fix it? Thanks~

Can you send me a screenshot of your entire screen so I can see your stabilization setup, your layers, and your track? Then I can best recommend how to fix your issue.

Cheers,
Mary

I am having a similar issue while trying to reorient a vr clip. I have multiple items tracked throughout the scene. Once I set the horizon and it reorients the clip it works on the first few frames but then get the error “Requested frame is outside the stabilized range” followed by a bunch of errors and Mocha locks up.

Hi there, this sounds a bit like a bad track. Can you try tracking a single different object near the horizon (it can be the horizon itself) and making sure the track is rock solid by seeing if the surface tool sticks to the object?

Try that and let me know if it works for you.

Cheers,
Mary

Hi Mary,
It appears that a layer was deactivated after a specific frame and that caused the whole thing to fail. What is the “deactivate after…” command supposed to be used for?

It’s used for if you don’t need the data after a certain point, but for reorient and stabilization best results come from using the entire length of the clip.