Understanding Silhouette's Tech and Its Autopaint + Mocha's Tech

I understand how the software works and what tools do more less. Here’s the question I got in order to understand the tech and paint better and save time. When an object rotates and new pixels get exposed I just need to do some extra paint work I get that BUT what happens to the pixels I’ve already painted when they get altered cos an object rotates, skews and what not, lighting changes and so on. Does Silhouette account for that when you autopaint other frames?

I know Mocha kinda does when it comes to the removal module. But I’ve never used on scenes with a drastic perspective change.
In order not to double the post on Mocha forum I want to know what the limitations of Mocha are in this regard as well.

Silhouette does not analyze and apply lighting changes to the auto painted strokes. However, if you clone with Relative enabled, the clone source will be updated to use each frame in time. So, as the lighting changes, you are automatically pulling from the updated frame and new lighting.

Mocha’s Remove module uses Illumination Modeling which analyzes surrounding pixel values to match brightness and lighting shifts on removed areas.

Confused here. What does the clone source will be updated to use each frame in time mean?

When the Relative box is checked, the clone source Frame value remains relative to the current frame. So, if the Frame value is different than the current frame, the offset between the two is maintained. When Relative is unchecked, the clone source is painting from a single frame defined by the value entered in the Frame field.

So, when Relative is enabled and if the Clone > Frame value is set to the same number as the current frame, when you advanced to a new frame, your clone source will always be the current frame. The clone source has a source and target, in terms of position, so if you clone from an area near where you are painting, the lighting will be consistent spatially and temporally.

1 Like