Uninstall Mocha Pro 2022 AE from Mac

Hello, how can I uninstall Mocha Pro 2022 from my Mac. There are no clear directions from what I can see. Thank you.

Hi there, standalone or plugin?

I will just write this out both ways.

For the standalone.

1. Locate the app in the Finder. … The Standalone should be in the app folder.
  2. Drag the app to the Trash, or select the app and choose File > Move to Trash.
  3. If you’re asked for a user name and password, enter the name and password of an administrator account on your Mac. …
  4. To delete the app, choose Finder > Empty Trash.

For the plugins it’s the same deletion process but you can find them here:

• AE: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore/BorisFX/MochaPro2022
  • AVX: /Library/Application Support/Avid/AVX2_Plug-ins/BorisFX/MochaPro2022
  • OFX: /Library/OFX/Plugins/BorisFX/MochaPro2022

Hope that helps!
Mary

Hi Mary,

Thank you for getting back to me. It’s an AE plugin but I am not seeing the folders referenced. Also to double check, when i search for BorisFX nothing comes up. The only folder that is referencing Mocha that I am seeing is a MochaAE folder containing several files in the / After Effects / Plug-ins / Effects / folder. I am using AE 22.1.1 MacOS Monterey 12.1.

Have you gone into the library folder? You may have hidden folders.

I have:

I was mistaken it seems, it is the system wide Library folder, in the finder you can press Cmd-Shift-G then type /Library and that should take you to the right Library folder on MacOS. You can also copy and paste the whole address I linked as well.

Thanks Mary. Yes found that directory and deleted BorisFX and everything under it as well as the MochaAE directory. The Issue I’m having is i am getting this error now:

Looks like you didn’t delete only Mocha Pro, you deleted Mocha Pro AND Mocha AE. You’re going to have to reinstall AE to get Mocha AE back.

Not fully understanding, I’d like to fully delete Mocha but AE is still saying that the plugin is missing. How would i fix this so AE does not look for the plugin? To clarify, I don’t want to have the error message popup everytime i open AE. I simply want to fully uninstall the plugin so AE doesn’t look for it.

You deleted everything in the folder. So you also deleted Mocha AE. Mocha AE ships with AE and is part of the software you get from Adobe, if you delete that, you’re going to get that error message until you install AE again from scratch and we have no control over that.

ah gotcha, didn’t realize. Appreciate the all the help!