Vegas 16 crashes applying bcc 3d object

Goodmorning,

I have this problem that appears in Vegas 16, ONLY* if I apply an effect contained in the BCC 3D object package *(Extruded EPS -Extruded; Spline - Extruded Text - Layer Deformer - Title Studio - Type on Text).
If I apply any other BCC Continuum 11 effect, Vegas 16 works perfectly…!!!
the same operation carried out with Vegas 15, does not cause any errors…!!!
Here attached a video explaining error on Vegas 16.
I await for any welcome solutions.
Regards

Pasqualehttps://forum.borisfx.com/uploads/default/original/2X/c/c6cf10e6b796c706f7e4e8f3b37df39a75eb5684.mp4

October 24, 2018

Based on the video you posted it looks likely that this is a crash on the Vegas host side, not in the Continuum code, but it is hard to be certain without seeing the crash log. When the crash dialog comes up in Vegas please try this:
-Hold Ctrl+Shift when clicking the “Send” button and it will point you to the ZIP file of the crash log.
-You could then attach that zip file to this forum thread or if you prefer you could forward it to our Support team or send it to me directly at:
jclement at borisfx dot com

Many thanks for your kind reply.
I followed your advice and I sent to Boris support the file that I attach to this email.
Thanks againErrorReport-2.zip (736.4 KB)

Thanks, Pasquale.

These crash logs don’t give conclusive evidence, but it does look like a crash in the Vegas application itself, not in the Continuum filter. It is possible that the presence of the specific Continuum filter is causing the Vegas host to take a different code path and crash, but we have not been able to reproduce this crash on a variety of machines in our QA lab. Perhaps it is related to specific hardware, OS, or media combinations. The crash happens when importing new source footage which shouldn’t have any effect on the Continuum filter which again points to a crash in the Vegas application itself. As a next step I would recommend contacting Magix technical support and passing along the crash logs and your screencapture video to them to see if they can analyze the internals of the crash log on their side.

Cheers,
Jason

Dear Mr. Jason,
Thank you for your kind and professional response. I have to tell you that I contacted Magix, but they did not show me your professionalism.
I hope for the best.
Ciao
Pasquale

Hi, Pasquale,

Would you be able to send along a project file saved in the state where it would crash for you in Vegas 16 - prior to reopening it and importing the media that actually triggers the crash. Also if you could send along a sample media clip in the format used that would be helpful. This might aid us in reproducing the problem. We understand that sometimes media cannot be shared, but if you can send it that would be great. You can keep it private by emailing directly to me at:
jclement at borisfx dot com

Cheers,
Jason

Hi Jason,
I’m sorry for my broken english (and probably for my 71 years of age), but I did not fully understand what you asked me.
I tell you that, for all the tests I’ve done, I used:
° Clip 1920x1080_50p (Canon XC10)
° Clip 1920x1080_ 25i (Sony HXR-Nx70)
° Files BMP / JPG / PNG
° AudioFiles Wav / Mp3
… and Vegas is crashed with all the files.
I hope I understand what you asked me …
Hello
Pasquale

Hi Jason,
I understood your request.
I can send you to your address (jclement@borisfx.com) what you asked me (project .veg and related media) through “We Transfer”.
Let me know if it’s ok for you.
I await your kind news
Pasquale
Ciao

Hi, Pasuale,

Yes, it would be great if you could send me the project file and media directly to my email address. Hopefully that will help us in reproducing the problem here.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason,
have you good news for me?
Ciao
Pasquale

Hi, Pasquale,

Unfortunately we still have had no luck in reproducing the crash here, even with your media and project file. Perhaps it is specific to Windows 7 - we’ll test that next week.

In the meantime, I believe that there is an updated version of Vegas 16 which was recently released by Magix. You could try this latest update to see if they have fixed anything on their side.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason,
Thank you for your kind reply. It’s just a mystery …
I am attaching a video with another example that I did.
I hope you can help.
I await your new ones.
Hello
Pasqualehttps://forum.borisfx.com/uploads/default/original/2X/1/1e87298500ae4c25d367e6f5fc66e786ac5423a1.mp4

Hi Jason,
have you good news for me?
Have you done any new tests with Win7?
Have you viewed the new video, I’v recently sent to you?
Ciao
Pasquale
PS: When the new Continuum 12 is scheduled to be launched??

Hi Pasquale,

Was your 2nd video removed? Can you re-upload it?

I tried the project that you sent on a Windows 7 machine with Vegas Pro 16 and importing the clips was fine for me.

Thanks,
Linh

Hi Linh,
I re-upload my previous video.
Let me know, some good new…
Ciao
Pasqualehttps://forum.borisfx.com/uploads/default/original/2X/1/1e87298500ae4c25d367e6f5fc66e786ac5423a1.mp4

Hi Linh,
If my video has not arrived to you, I’ll send you the zip file.
Ciao
PasqualeBoris_Image SequenceVLC.zip (7.7 MB)

Hi Pasquale,

I saw the 2nd video but I must be missing something because everything seems to be working as expected. It seems to import videos and open old projects fine.

Thanks,
Linh

Hi Linh,
You probably did not see the first video, the one where you clearly notice the Vegas error. In fact, the video you saw did not contain any errors, because I transformed the media in which I applied BCC 3D Object, into an image sequence file. But it does not have to be … (I’ve pricked the problem a lot …)
If you like, I’ll send you the first video where you’ll find the error.
Ciao
PasqualeVideo 1920x1080_OK.zip (6.0 MB)