Very basic (but difficult?) question

This seems like it should be such a no-brainer, but I can’t really figure it out. I have a clip that was shot on a tripod with a long lens of a bird in flight moving across the sky. The camera isn’t moving, but there’s a bit of wind that is adding a small amount of camera shake.

Since the only things in the frame are 1) the bird and 2) blue sky, is there any way to stabilize this and smooth out the lens vibrations? I obviously can’t track the bird, and there’s no information in the sky (it was a totally clear day) Any help is much appreciated!

troublesome shot eh…
Here’s my 2 cents: I would think that if you’re far enough away you could track the bird. And if you’re close enough you could track part of it, maybe… the head maybe?

but, I would try the BCC Optical Flow stabilizer for this first.

I can get a good track on the bird itself, I supposed my issue is that I don’t know what to do with that tracking data since I don’t want to stabilize the bird (since it’s flying…that would be weird right?) I just want to offest the lens shakiness

Try tracking the bird with translation only (or translation, scale, and rotation if that doesn’t work) and then use the Stabilize module to add full frames at the beginning of the shot and the end using the “frame list” option in Mocha Pro. That will get you sorted out I think.

I think that did it, thanks mary!

Perfect, happy to help!