VERY Slow Render and SLOW use of tool when inserting images png - OFX - Vegas Pro 15 & 16 Mocha 5.5 - 2019

To whom it may concern please note dealing with mocha V5.5 and 2019

Dealing with any size clip from small to large – this test case attached in the drop box link below – contains a very short clip -the clip length is usually always about 60 seconds or less the clip is 60 frames per second no audio drone footage 4k @ 100mbs

DROPBOX SOURCE FILES:
please message me - will send link…for project files -vegas pro 16

The issue:

When doing the tracking for a certain area on the footage – the application is fast to respond and tracking proceeds very slowle;y but surley finishes using GPU @ under 20% utilisation. The end goal is to then insert a street overlay PNG file which is 7 megabyte which it takes absolutely forever to render once applied (over 9 hours).

The 2nd issue is when using the mocha Pro Tool navigating and using the functions within the software. I find it to be very quick using the tools however the very moment I insert the image which is 7mb – the tool ends up absolutely freezing in and chugging along, it stutters along…. Making editing a nightmare.

Emphasizing other issue as said before takes forever to render (10 hours +) currently have a very high spec machine that cost in excess of $10,000 the configuration is extremely lean you will find attached a link to the Vegas Pro 16 reference files in addition to the mocha pro log as well as the output it final file including any sort of image.

I will say I don’t not like to normally contact technical support but I have tried and tried to fix the problem by upgrading Vegas Pro from 15 to 16 I’ve upgraded mocha pro from 5.5 to 2019 (2019 buggy as hell crashes a lot) - I have reinstalled on a different machine with the same results.

I am open to any suggestion (I’ve done basic things as well to advanced things such as cleaning cache, optimising the temp directories to NVME storage 3GB/s 500GB cache drives).

Maybe it’s likely to be a mocha pro issue or something I’m not doing correctly either way I would love to get to the bottom of this as my clients are very patiently waiting for our content

any sort of assistance.

I would very much appreciate any feedback ASAP and please feel free to contact me anytime….I’m going to include as much detail as possible.

I don’t think I am the only one doing this sort of thing - with drone footage and overlays…

As I said very open to any other options the outcome of the desired result that were after

thank you so much

System Specs:

Operating System

Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit

CPU

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 45 °C

8 CORE – 16 THREAD STOCK

Summit Ridge 14nm Technology

RAM

64.0GB Dual-Channel @ 1199MHz (16-16-16-39) - STOCK

Motherboard

Micro-Star International Co. Ltd X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM (MS-7A31) (AM4) 38 °C

Graphics

CF791 (3440x1440@100Hz)

8176MB ATI Radeon RX Vega (ATI) 40 °C – Primary

8176MB ATI Radeon RX Vega (ATI) 32 °C

CrossFire

Storage

465GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (SATA (SSD)) - WINDOWS

74GB INTEL SSDSA2BW080G3H (SATA (SSD))

111GB INTEL SSDSC2BW120H6 (SATA (SSD)) 31 °C

5589GB Seagate ST6000DM004-2EH11C (SATA ) 41 °C -OUTPUT DRIVE

74GB INTEL SSDSA2BW080G3H (SATA (SSD)) - VEGAS TEMP

5589GB Seagate ST6000DM004-2EH11C (SATA ) 41 °C

476GB Samsung SSD 960 PRO 512GB (Unknown (SSD)) - CACHE DRIVE

5589GB SST TS231UC RAID 1 SCSI Disk Device (USB (SATA) ) 39 °C – CONTENT SOURCE

4657GB Seagate Expansion Desk SCSI Disk Device (USB (SATA) ) 44 °C - BACKUP

Audio

Realtek High Definition Audio

Kind Regards

Gareth Pickford

Principle Photographer & Chief Pilot

E: Gareth.Pickford@pickfordphotography.com.au
M: 0403 203 636 W: pickfordphotography.com

Youtube Channel: https://goo.gl/in3eew

CASE NUMBER: Case Number 00138668

If it is of any help I can take a look at it and run it on my machine. Send me the link to dropbox and I will take a look at it at the Weekend.

I’ll check on your case. But allow some time for us to respond. Posting here after opening a case makes things hard to track.

Hi Mary,

I didn’t post this. I don’t know how I get on this notification although I did have another question.

Thanks,
Gary R.
www.sharpcut.com

Hi Gareth,

In regards to the sporadic Vegas crashes for Mocha Pro 2019, we have a fix coming in the next maintenance update.

1 Like

Thanks Martin - im happy to wait…just the render speed and tool control …got a team viewer session coming up with another support person…

Hi Mary - is there a number i can phone to call support I need a team viewer session its been 4 days since someone said they were going to remote in… getting a bit urgent…thanks gareth (Australia)

image here is a 60 secnd clip with 10 seconds of overlay - LOL - a joke!

wait… image

Hi Gareth,

It looks like you got a response from JP on your support case. Are you still needing more clarification?

Cheers,
Mary