View Video Layer While in Title Studio

Super basic question. I’m working with Title Studio for the first time. Before applying it, I duplicated my video bed on the next track up (possibly unnecessary step), I applied the effect to that track and have now stepped into the Title Studio interface.

I see ‘Boris FX,’ the default text when starting, but I don’t see my video under it for context. The Preview Background button at the top of the Composite window has ‘Composite over Video’ selected (by default), but I still see only black.

How do I show my video?

Martin

Early 2009 Nehalem MacPro4,1, 2 X 2.6 GHz Quad-Core
OS High Sierra 10.13.6
Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB system drive
32 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4870 GRFX Card
Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K, Driver: 10.11.4
Avid Media Composer v. 2018.11.0
Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 v. 13.1.2
Adobe Media Encoder CC v. 13.0.2.39
Mocha Pro Plug-in v. 6.0.2 build 217.x
Boris Continuum 2019 v. 12.0.4

Hi Martin.

The steps that you listed are correct - what host are you working with?

Premiere Pro CC 2019 v. 13.1.2

I still feel like this is some sort of obvious user error, but I can’t find it.

Martin

Well, interesting. After toggling back and forth a few times between Composite over Video and Composite over Checkerboard in the Preview Background menu, the video came up. I definitely had to goose it though.

Martin

Glad you got it to work Martin. I don’t know why it was being so uncooperative but at least it’s working now. Here’s a screenshot of it working on my system.

Sorry, I now realize it’s not the toggling as mentioned above that fixes this. It’s moving my cursor in the timeline to a different location. It’s as if it can’t spot the video until I choose a new frame.

Odd,
Martin