Viewport lag [Slow moving control points]

Hi,

I have two layers, “Track” and “Mask”. “Mask layer” is linked to track “Track layer”.
Viewport panning and zooming is very smooth, But when I chose “Mask layer”, viewport is very laggy. Moveing points of “Mask layer” is laggy.

Is this normal?

MochaPro OFX 2020.5.1 / Fusion Studio v16.2.3 / Windows 10 / Quadro P4000 and Geforce 1080 Ti Studio Driver 442.92

I try to update driver 451.48. But nothing has changed.

I found that mouse operation is fine!

This seems to be a issue with Wacom’s Tablet. I use Intuos 5 Touch (6.3.40-2)

All viewport operation is laggy compared to mouse operation.

Thank you, we have seen some delay with wacom tablets and are working on a solution. Unfortunately this is a known bug. I can see if @martinb has an update on our progress in this issue though.

Try going to the Mocha Preferences and turning OFF tablet pressure:

Then reboot fusion.

You only need tablet pressure if you are using the area brush, so turning off the tablet pressure option reverts the wacom drivers in Mocha back to a version that shouldn’t lag.

Yes, I read release notes. Much better.

Thank you.

1 Like

I’ve edited the title of your post slightly just in case people are searching for the same solution.

I am having terrible lag using Mocha Pro (Mocha AE works fine).

I am do not have Wacom tablet and have disabled the pressure sensitivity and it does not help…

I am on AE 17.1 (in 17.1.1 both Mocha AE and Pro are unusable due to lag). I have tried disabling GPU support and that didn’t change performance…

Please advise!

Thanks in advance!

Hi @ilyav ,

I tried contacting you via aescripts support but it must have got lost in the in between.
Can you send me directly the log from the Mocha help menu?

1. Open the Mocha GUI
  2. Go to the Help Menu
  3. Select “View Log”
  4. Send us the full file that opens

You can send it directly to martinb [at] borisfx.com