What am I doing wrong? (watch the video)

So I try the export my track to after effects and it never stick to the footage, i’ve watch every tutorial available, but can’t seem to find my answer. In the video I show you every step i make.

thanks for the help guy’s.

Mocha Problem from paul calce on Vimeo.

Hi Paul,

First of all, thanks for such a great explanation video! It outlined your process and problems perfectly.

There may be one or two solution here which you can try:

1. If you are dragging the layer back to fix the issue it may be a frame-offset problem. Try setting your frame offset to zero, as this is the starting frame for After Effects. You can check this by selecting your layer in AE and pressing the U key. The keys may be one frame ahead of the starting point.
  2. Check to see if the frame number in AE is the same size as the frame number in mocha. Some codecs (such as H264) can be compressed oddly and drop frames depending on the application. In this case, he mpg compression may be doing odd things. What codec are you using for the video? Just straight mpg?

Hi Paul,
First of all, thanks for such a great explanation video! It outlined your process and problems perfectly.
There may be one or two solution here which you can try:

1. If you are dragging the layer back to fix the issue it may be a frame-offset problem. Try setting your frame offset to zero, as this is the starting frame for After Effects. You can check this by selecting your layer in AE and pressing the U key. The keys may be one frame ahead of the starting point.
  2. Check to see if the frame number in AE is the same size as the frame number in mocha. Some codecs (such as H264) can be compressed oddly and drop frames depending on the application. In this case, he mpg compression may be doing odd things. What codec are you using for the video? Just straight mpg?

So I try the export my track to after effects and it never stick to the footage, i’ve watch every tutorial available, but can’t seem to find my answer. In the video I show you every step i make.
thanks for the help guy’s.

Mocha Problem from paul calce on Vimeo.

No answer, so I’m doing everything ok?

No answer, so I’m doing everything ok?

Ok thanks for the tips ,I’ll try that as soon as i have the chance and give you update on it. And yes I’ve used straight mpg.

Ok thanks for the tips ,I’ll try that as soon as i have the chance and give you update on it. And yes I’ve used straight mpg.