What can I do with Mocha?

Seriously.
I know it is a planer tracker. Is the only thing it is good for is tracking a plane and then having a layer (i.e. another video or jpeg) replace that area in the video?
Can I track a “plane” and export that data to an effect control?
And, does it really only recognize .mov files?

Hi Strongbadia,
The three main purposes for mocha are:

• Tracking
  • Rotoscoping
  • Stabilisation
    Tracking data is normally exported in two forms:Transform and corner pin (distort). Transform exports the position, rotation and scale of the tracked planar area, and corner pin exports distortion data based off 4 points of the planar surface.
    Rotoscoping is done via splines, and can be exported and rendered in a number of formats to be used as mattes in other applications. Spline layers can be linked to tracking data to cut down the amount of hand-animated work.
    Stabilisation is using tracking data to stablise the footage around a certain point. This is used for both smoothing out camera shake, or allowing a compositor work on a stable point to add effects or grading before reapplying the original motion.
    Mocha accepts most formats, so this includes any quicktime format, as well as image sequences (jpg, png, dpx, etc). It does not support some windows formats such as divx or wmv.

Hi Strongbadia,

The three main purposes for mocha are:

• Tracking
  • Rotoscoping
  • Stabilisation

Tracking data is normally exported in two forms:Transform and corner pin (distort). Transform exports the position, rotation and scale of the tracked planar area, and corner pin exports distortion data based off 4 points of the planar surface.
Rotoscoping is done via splines, and can be exported and rendered in a number of formats to be used as mattes in other applications. Spline layers can be linked to tracking data to cut down the amount of hand-animated work.
Stabilisation is using tracking data to stablise the footage around a certain point. This is used for both smoothing out camera shake, or allowing a compositor work on a stable point to add effects or grading before reapplying the original motion.

Mocha accepts most formats, so this includes any quicktime format, as well as image sequences (jpg, png, dpx, etc). It does not support some windows formats such as divx or wmv.

Seriously.

I know it is a planer tracker. Is the only thing it is good for is tracking a plane and then having a layer (i.e. another video or jpeg) replace that area in the video?

Can I track a “plane” and export that data to an effect control?

And, does it really only recognize .mov files?