What codec?

hello everyone,
i have got a straightforward question: what is a suitable codec for mocha? i capture most of my stuff with FCE4 from my video camera (size is 1080i). however, i edit a lot of stuff in AE cs4.
mocha won’t play the raw captured file from FCE. this means of course that i have to convert the file into something mocha “likes”. i want to do this without losing quality. i have tried apple’s intermediate codec. but mocha cannot read it. when i import this, i have nothing on the screen. next thing i tried was the animation codec (1440x1080). it work fine. however, i am not sure, how much quality i lose by convert into the animation codec.
can anyone help me with this? :rolleyes:

—Quote (Originally by mrdc)—
mocha won’t play the raw captured file from FCE.
—End Quote—
Hi mrdc,
What version of mocha for After Effects are you using?
If you are using the latest version, 2.1.0, then your files should load. What codec is the raw file using?
J-P

mocha won’t play the raw captured file from FCE.
—End Quote—
Hi mrdc,

What version of mocha for After Effects are you using?

If you are using the latest version, 2.1.0, then your files should load. What codec is the raw file using?

J-P

hello everyone,

i have got a straightforward question: what is a suitable codec for mocha? i capture most of my stuff with FCE4 from my video camera (size is 1080i). however, i edit a lot of stuff in AE cs4.
mocha won’t play the raw captured file from FCE. this means of course that i have to convert the file into something mocha “likes”. i want to do this without losing quality. i have tried apple’s intermediate codec. but mocha cannot read it. when i import this, i have nothing on the screen. next thing i tried was the animation codec (1440x1080). it work fine. however, i am not sure, how much quality i lose by convert into the animation codec.

Animation quality at 100% is virtually lossless, so is fine.
Keep in mind that if you are using mocha for tracking purposes only, you can get by with compressing the footage down more, for speed and storage space. In general, compression will not hurt the tracking quality and you end up exporting keyframes or mattes anyways.
Best,
R
hello everyone,
mocha won’t play the raw captured file from FCE. this means of course that i have to convert the file into something mocha “likes”. i want to do this without losing quality. i have tried apple’s intermediate codec. but mocha cannot read it. when i import this, i have nothing on the screen. next thing i tried was the animation codec (1440x1080). it works fine. however, i am not sure, how much quality i lose by converting to the animation codec.
—End Quote—

Animation quality at 100% is virtually lossless, so is fine.
Keep in mind that if you are using mocha for tracking purposes only, you can get by with compressing the footage down more, for speed and storage space. In general, compression will not hurt the tracking quality and you end up exporting keyframes or mattes anyways.

Best,
R

hello everyone,

mocha won’t play the raw captured file from FCE. this means of course that i have to convert the file into something mocha “likes”. i want to do this without losing quality. i have tried apple’s intermediate codec. but mocha cannot read it. when i import this, i have nothing on the screen. next thing i tried was the animation codec (1440x1080). it works fine. however, i am not sure, how much quality i lose by converting to the animation codec.

—End Quote—