What is the best way to go about Tracking and Removing these Trackers. I have been pulling my hair out

I have been using Mocha to track and replace a green screen… It did an okay job but now I am struggling to figure out the best and quickest way to remove trackers, and how to compensate for actors moving into the frame. Can anyone help me please? My deadline is creeping up…

Here is the video: 2019 05 09 17 55 36 - YouTube

I tracked two separate locations since the first track with the + gets all wonky as we pull out. But for some reason, when I add corner pin data to After effects, it still looks a little jittery and not as smooth. Should I be tracking something else as well? Or changing the track settings?

Lastly, whats the best way to get rid of this + tracker on the green screen? I tried AE clone stamp but that was a nightmare. Any help would help. Thank you in advance!

Turn your surface tool on, that’s your corner pin, so make sure it is right where you want it to be.

OK, first, you need a good track, so that’s going to be without grabbing the speaker but you can totally use the wall mounted noise dampening thing to get the tracked texture. Just make sure that only the things on that wall are within your shapes on that tracking layer. For the last part of the track, track ONLY translation, scale, and rotation, and once zooming stops, only track translation. Use adjust track to fix any issues.

Next, to get rid of the tracking marker, make a new shape around it. Soften the edges by adding an edge in layer properties OR with the edge selection tool. Link that to your screen track in edge properties. Bring that shape into AE and subtract the value (invert with apply matte in the plugin interface). Next, drop the same clip underneath this clip and offset it to get rid of the tracking marker. Precomp this, move all attributes into the comp, and pull the greenscreen with Boris FX’s Primatte Studio or similar.

Comp your screen in with the corner pin from Mocha.

Please let me know if that works for you, or if you have any more questions, and I will be happy to help you.

Cheers,
Mary

Okay. Thanks so much. The first part makes a lot of sense. I will try that.

But to remove the tracking marker. I’m just having a little trouble understanding what you mean… is there a tutorial available with an example with what you are talking about? Sorry and thanks again.

Also I just tried what you said but it does not seem to work for me. The surface tool gets all wonky again and never stays within the rectangle in the TV. The video replaced with the green also gets messed up now. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Should I increase brightness or change colors in the video to get a better track?

video: 2019 05 09 20 19 54 - YouTube

No. It’s just a hard track because you have not a lot of texture to track. Can you send me the footage and mocha file to maryp@borisfx.com and I’ll take a look?