I’ve installed, reinstalled, but I still get this issue. Also tried installing as Admin. Same result. Am on Windows 10. This occurs in Hitfilm.
I just tried disabling the GPU and I’m getting the same issue.
I too am seeing the same thing. This is with BCC+ Bleach Bypass. But it doesn’t matter which BCC+ I select, it always looks like this.
Yes, can confirm that is the type of effect I am experiencing with Hitfilm Version number 15.2.10619.40501
The same version of Hitfilm I used for the above screenshot.
Can you try enabling floating point processing in Hitfilm if you haven’t already? (note I’m not familiar with it at all - just hoping the option exists)
Solved in regard to it being remedied at 32bit Linear, also 16 bit is fine. So the problem is with 8bit. Are these essentially non 8bit effects?
BCC+ filters are all float internally, but there is a “fast path” for hosts that support 8 bit (like Vegas). However, this is done with a different byte order (BGRA vs RGBA) which explains the channel swapping. It seems Hitfilm might do BGRA in a special way like Vegas does and the BCC+ filters are not handling it correctly. Will investigate!
One thing to note is that Hitfilm is not on the officially supported list for the initial release of Continuum 2021. For the most part BCC 2021 should just work in Hitfilm just like other OFX hosts but there may be issues such as this one that we have not yet encountered. Here’s the list of officially supported hosts : https://borisfx.com/products/continuum/?collection=continuum&product=continuum#hosts
Using the same HitFilm Pro version, BCC filters work, but any BCC+ that I’ve tried today has crashed HFP (with a crash dialogue window that offers to send a crash report).
We believe we understand the channel swapping issue, but we are not familiar with the crashing. Can you please send OS specifics as well as any other details you can provide such as project format, etc. And for the crash report, if you are able to copy and send it to us please do so.
Some additional information as requested:
HitFilm Pro version: 15.2.10619.40501 - Template: 4K UHD @ 25 fps
Computer: Dell Alienware Aurora 11
10th Gen Intel 10 core i9 10900KF 20MB cache 3.7GHz minimum
1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
NVIDIA RTX2080 Super 8 GB GDDR6
Windows 10 Home 20H2 build 19042.630 (last update: today)
I did some more tests in HitFilm Pro today using the above video, and the following is what happened:
• Add HF VFX (Emboss) – works OK – then disabled in Controls
• Add BCC VFX (Fast Lens Blur) – works OK – then disabled in Controls
• Add BCC+ VFX (DeFog) – Dialogue box “We’re sorry. HitFilm Pro encountered a problem and has to exit. To help us fix this problem, please send the crash report to us. Send. Don’t Send.’
• Add HF VFX (Oil Painting)) – works OK – then disabled in Controls
• Add BCC+ VFX (Wide Angle Lens) – works but with color problem as per the original post.
• Add BCC VFX (Colorize Glow) – works but with color problem as per the original post – then disabled in Controls
• Add BCC+ VFX (Bleach Bypass) - works but with color problem as per the original post – then disabled in Controls
• Add HF VFX (Emboss) – works OK
• Add BCC+ VFX (Bleach Bypass) – Dialogue box “We’re sorry. HitFilm Pro encountered a problem and has to exit. To help us fix this problem, please send the crash report to us. Send. Don’t Send.’
The BCC+ crashes do seem somewhat random because the equivalent of test 4 (BCC+ VFX alone) didn’t cause a crash yesterday.
HitFilm Pro Crash Reports - I have trawled though the HitFilm Pro folder in C:\Program Files and under all the User AppData etc folders and am unable to locate anything remotely like a crash report. Unfortunately, the dialogue box for lodging a crash report to FXHome does not offer a display of the crash details as occurs with Vegas Pro.
Fortunately, BCC+ has worked fine thus far in Vegas Pro 18 which is my main NLE.
Thanks for the additional details, Conrad! That’s very helpful guidance for us in trying to reproduce internally.