Where is my render tab in particle illusion standalone?

I downloaded the standalone version and all works well except I cannot find the render tab. Nothing I try seems to pull it up.

So you can’t see the Render button above the Stage or when you click it it doesn’t show the Render and Export Settings window?

Regards,

John.

There is no tab and show all tabs is greyed out.

Yes the Render button is definitely missing. Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling PI Standalone.

I uninstalled and reinstalled and it still isn’t there. Is there a license or something I need to register?

There is no licensing for PI Standalone. I’m not sure what’s causing this but Alan or Peter will have a better idea of what to do next.

Regards,

John.

I figured it out. I had a Contunuum trial still installed. I uninstalled it and reinstalled PI and it works fine now. Thanks for your help.

Excellent troubleshooting! Thanks for the update.

Regards,

John.

Note the problem here was that your Continuum trial was for an older version of Particle Illusion prior to the Render feature being added. You can have both the Continuum version (licensed or trial) and the Standalone Particle Illusion both installed at the same time without problems and both support the Render feature. You may need to pay attention to which version of Particle Illusion is actually being launched since if you just use Spotlight to find and launch PI then it’s unclear which of the two installed versions you would get. If you go to the Applications folder directly in Finder you can choose to launch whichever specific version of PI you want.