Why don't keyframes show when you have the whole shape selected?

Hi,

This may have already been asked, and if it is somewhere on these forums, I apologize. But, why does mocha not show me all keyframes for a shape when I have that shape selected? If I want to see where any keyframes are for that shape, I have to click a point on the shape and then look at the timeline and then unclick that point to move the shape. I’d like to be able to see all keyframes of a shape when I have the overall shape selected, so that I can choose where to place other keyframes. I do this so I can get an idea of where my previous / next keyframes are so that I can judge spacing or layout of the keyframes to avoid jitters.

Is this just a workflow issue and anyone has thoughts on what they do to get around this? It’s not a showstopper, but a small bump in the workflow when I have to click a point, look at the timeline, unclick a point and then move the shape.

Hi pixelgraft,

Which mocha version are you using?

Hi pixelgraft,

Apologies, I thought I had responded to this but I must have lost the post!

When layers are selected they show the overall attributes of the layer. For example, when you turn on and off manual tracking or switch motion blur settings.

When you select the points in the spline it shows you the keyframes for the spline.

We separate the keys in this way to make the distinction between overall layer keys and specific shape keys.

We will look into an option to toggle showing all keys if that would help.

Hi pixelgraft,
Apologies, I thought I had responded to this but I must have lost the post!
When layers are selected they show the overall attributes of the layer. For example, when you turn on and off manual tracking or switch motion blur settings.
When you select the points in the spline it shows you the keyframes for the spline.
We separate the keys in this way to make the distinction between overall layer keys and specific shape keys.
We will look into an option to toggle showing all keys if that would help.

Hi pixelgraft,
Which mocha version are you using?

Hi Martin,

I just upgraded to version 2.0.1 build 2819 Build date june 7, 2010

Hi,
This may have already been asked, and if it is somewhere on these forums, I apologize. But, why does mocha not show me all keyframes for a shape when I have that shape selected? If I want to see where any keyframes are for that shape, I have to click a point on the shape and then look at the timeline and then unclick that point to move the shape. I’d like to be able to see all keyframes of a shape when I have the overall shape selected, so that I can choose where to place other keyframes. I do this so I can get an idea of where my previous / next keyframes are so that I can judge spacing or layout of the keyframes to avoid jitters.
Is this just a workflow issue and anyone has thoughts on what they do to get around this? It’s not a showstopper, but a small bump in the workflow when I have to click a point, look at the timeline, unclick a point and then move the shape.

Hi Martin,
I just upgraded to version 2.0.1 build 2819 Build date june 7, 2010

Responding to myself here. I realized that I can do a CTRL+A when a shape is selected to select all points, which then shows me the keyframes on that shape.

Martin, et al - if you can add this into the enhancements / feature queue for a future build or release - please consider this.

Enhancement would be - when a shape is selected, show all keyframes for that shape.

Responding to myself here. I realized that I can do a CTRL+A when a shape is selected to select all points, which then shows me the keyframes on that shape.
Martin, et al - if you can add this into the enhancements / feature queue for a future build or release - please consider this.
Enhancement would be - when a shape is selected, show all keyframes for that shape.