Why Mocha starts from 1 and AE from 0?

Hello, I know Mocha Pro very well, but I don’t know why Mocha starts frames from 1, because usually programs uses 0 frame for beginning of the animation.
How can I fix it?
Thank you. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi sambuev,

The conflicting factor is that not all major compositors and editors use zero and not all use 1. We default to 1 on mocha Pro because a lot of mocha Pro users are working in programs like Nuke or Flame, which start from frame 1.

If you mainly use After Effects with Pro, you can set zero as the default in the mocha Preferences so that you don’t have to enter it every time you start a new project.

Hi sambuev,
The conflicting factor is that not all major compositors and editors use zero and not all use 1. We default to 1 on mocha Pro because a lot of mocha Pro users are working in programs like Nuke or Flame, which start from frame 1.
If you mainly use After Effects with Pro, you can set zero as the default in the mocha Preferences so that you don’t have to enter it every time you start a new project.

When you import your footage in mocha you should be able to set the offset to zero in the dialogue box.
Cheers,
Mary

When you import your footage in mocha you should be able to set the offset to zero in the dialogue box.

Cheers,
Mary

Okay, now I see! Perfects answer, I didn’t know I can change it in a Preferences. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello, I know Mocha Pro very well, but I don’t know why Mocha starts frames from 1, because usually programs uses 0 frame for beginning of the animation.
How can I fix it?
Thank you. :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay, now I see! Perfects answer, I didn’t know I can change it in a Preferences. :stuck_out_tongue:

I did the same in After Effects (comp settings: Start Frame from 0000 to 0001).
It’s better to have 0000 by default in Mocha, I guess.
:o

I did the same in After Effects (comp settings: Start Frame from 0000 to 0001).
It’s better to have 0000 by default in Mocha, I guess.
:o