Windows 7 64Bit Mocha Shape Data Error

I’m having exactly the same problem as LEO right now- with almost ALL of the plugins. Can anyone help???

Mocha or AE is looking for License file. Looks like it must be hard coded to look in /program files but the apps are installed on /Program Files (x86). Your license file key is probably also their as well.

Make a folder /program files/Imagineer Systems Ltd/Licensing/ and copy the license there.

Now when it look for the license it will find it.

for 64bit OS’s

Mocha or AE is looking for License file. Looks like it must be hard coded to look in /program files but the apps are installed on /Program Files (x86). Your license file key is probably also their as well.
Make a folder /program files/Imagineer Systems Ltd/Licensing/ and copy the license there.
Now when it look for the license it will find it.
for 64bit OS’s

I could resolve the problem: “Failed to open the movie file: check that the file is readable” renaming the files for: Sequence 01
Sequence 02
Sequence 03…

:eek:

I could resolve the problem: “Failed to open the movie file: check that the file is readable” renaming the files for: Sequence 01
Sequence 02
Sequence 03…

:eek:

I’m having exactly the same problem as LEO right now- with almost ALL of the plugins. Can anyone help???

Hi
The Names LEO
Running Windows 7 64Bit and AE CS4
On A dual Quad Xeon Rig
And I Don’t Think AE is seeing the
Mocha Shape Data Plug-in
I won’t work when I try to export my shape DATA
It gives Me a Message like This:

After Effects error: invalid clipboard format – effect mocha shape not found
(Line 10, near column2).
How can i Fix This
Pls working on a big Project and need to finish ASAP:eek:
Help!!!

Hi
The Names LEO
Running Windows 7 64Bit and AE CS4
On A dual Quad Xeon Rig
And I Don?t Think AE is seeing the
Mocha Shape Data Plug-in
I won?t work when I try to export my shape DATA
It gives Me a Message like This:
After Effects error: invalid clipboard format – effect mocha shape not found
(Line 10, near column2).
How can i Fix This
Pls working on a big Project and need to finish ASAP:eek:
Help!!!

Hi Leonard,

Can you send me the mocha shape export file please?
martinb(at) imagineersystems[dot ] com.

Hi Leonard,
Can you send me the mocha shape export file please?
martinb(at) imagineersystems[dot ] com.

As for the clipboard error that Leo is getting. What language are you running your keyboard in? And are you using a cloud version of mocha AE that ships with AE?

Anytime you get a failed to open file error it is probably a codec issue. Please make sure you can open the movie file in quicktime. If you can open the file in quicktime and have double-checked that your quicktime drivers and video drivers are up to date, then your files should work in mocha. There are certain types of codecs and file types that mocha can’t read, usually native, unprocessed codecs off of cameras. It may be that you need to convert the file to something mocha would have an easier time of reading, like a quicktime or an image sequence. If your screen is black for clips but not for images, it is most likely the codec for the movie files.

As a basic rule, mocha usually can’t read anything quicktime can’t. So, if you’re ever unsure if mocha can read your files, you can test it again that way in the future. Rarely, though, quicktime is able to open files that mocha can’t. It’s just a good way to test the files before you load them into mocha.

However, you may want to try converting the clip to a file we know for sure that mocha recognizes, like a TIFF or JPEG sequence, to test and make sure that mocha is running properly. If it works on TIFFs, it is operating normally. But it sounds like your codecs are, for some reason, not registering with mocha at all. If you have to use “all files” to load in a file, mocha probably won’t read it.

While your clip files may be listed on our list of supported files (as an .MP4), it might be that there’s some sort of custom camera codec on your footage that is hanging mocha up. The reality of the situation is while we support many file types, we don’t necessarily support all of their compression codecs.

Any other quicktime format should work really, or another type of .avi, even h264 seems to work. So can you try changing the format of your movie to something like a standard quicktime?

As for the clipboard error that Leo is getting. What language are you running your keyboard in? And are you using a cloud version of mocha AE that ships with AE?

Anytime you get a failed to open file error it is probably a codec issue. Please make sure you can open the movie file in quicktime. If you can open the file in quicktime and have double-checked that your quicktime drivers and video drivers are up to date, then your files should work in mocha. There are certain types of codecs and file types that mocha can’t read, usually native, unprocessed codecs off of cameras. It may be that you need to convert the file to something mocha would have an easier time of reading, like a quicktime or an image sequence. If your screen is black for clips but not for images, it is most likely the codec for the movie files.
As a basic rule, mocha usually can’t read anything quicktime can’t. So, if you’re ever unsure if mocha can read your files, you can test it again that way in the future. Rarely, though, quicktime is able to open files that mocha can’t. It’s just a good way to test the files before you load them into mocha.
However, you may want to try converting the clip to a file we know for sure that mocha recognizes, like a TIFF or JPEG sequence, to test and make sure that mocha is running properly. If it works on TIFFs, it is operating normally. But it sounds like your codecs are, for some reason, not registering with mocha at all. If you have to use “all files” to load in a file, mocha probably won’t read it.
While your clip files may be listed on our list of supported files (as an .MP4), it might be that there’s some sort of custom camera codec on your footage that is hanging mocha up. The reality of the situation is while we support many file types, we don’t necessarily support all of their compression codecs.
Any other quicktime format should work really, or another type of .avi, even h264 seems to work. So can you try changing the format of your movie to something like a standard quicktime?