Wish list?

Folks,
I’d be glad to see a list of features or interface issues that you would like to see addressed. Happy to build a thread here…

Thanks,
Ross

I really think that Mocha should have support for a P2 workflow. If I understand correctly, in order to import a dvcpro HD MXF-file in to mocha I would first need to convert it to another format like AVI for example. Exporting lossless HD files takes a lot of time and hard disk space. IMO it would totally make sense for Mocha to support these files, since I think most videos that will need serious rotoing or motion tracking will be shot in HD instead of SD and Panasonic P2 workflow is propably the most popular in the HD-market at the moment.

Would very much like to be able to work Cineform avi’s.

Cool idea. Thanks Tomas!

Have you played with monet much? While it does not automate the distortions, its quite nice to have the mesh warper built in to do exactly what you say. The over all track will follow, then the artist animates the mesh for any distortions…

I will log your request.
Cheers!
-R

—Quote (Originally by tegger)—
Ola Master Ross,

When I did this film… I had an idea which could be a new way to Mocha make planar tracking, http://vimeo.com/channels/imagineer#5024229

The way Mocha tracks using an area instead of markers is fantastique, I thought in a way to send the Mocha product to stars again, Mocha could see multiple areas in the same area (like a T-shirt moving, a Tatoo in part of the body… ) but when we export from Mocha it will export areas of influence, so, we can export to a corner pin effect mixed with Mesh warp system, we will have translations, sometimes some areas will be fixed and in the same shoot other areas will be moving and we will have distortion too… like a T-shirt bending or twisting in a Y-axis.
A Organic Tracking.

Thanks

Tomas
—End Quote—

I would like to see a way to edit Roto shapes imported in After Effects. This could be as simple as importing a roto shape as a AE mask.

STeve

Ola Master Ross,

When I did this film… I had an idea which could be a new way to Mocha make planar tracking, http://vimeo.com/channels/imagineer#5024229

The way Mocha tracks using an area instead of markers is fantastique, I thought in a way to send the Mocha product to stars again, Mocha could see multiple areas in the same area (like a T-shirt moving, a Tatoo in part of the body… ) but when we export from Mocha it will export areas of influence, so, we can export to a corner pin effect mixed with Mesh warp system, we will have translations, sometimes some areas will be fixed and in the same shoot other areas will be moving and we will have distortion too… like a T-shirt bending or twisting in a Y-axis.
A Organic Tracking.

Thanks

Tomas

Thanks,

I never played with monet… I will test for sure…
but the prb in our craft (VFX) is make effects hidden…
so, any try to simulate and try to match like tracking by hand (in this case, mesh distortion), open a big door to visual prbs.
I try to avoid a lot mesh distortion by hands…
I always sought a way to connect tracking to mesh warps control points…

The workflow I thought:
Mocha export 2 datas: the current corner pin effect and and the distorion mesh effect data.
You will have in After Effects: a Comp with your corner pin effect and inside of this comp, you will have the footage or image with mesh distortion effect applied.
so, the corner pin will give us translation of our trick and the distortion mesh effect inside the comp will give us the final detail and more reality to our scenes.

Hope you find a solution…

Thanks

Tom

:slight_smile:

am trying to rotoscope a 4k panorama in nuke with mocha vr, but the mocha display is a bit blurry compared to the nuke comp view, Would love to have 4k playback support, rotoscoping blurry pixels isn’t easy, wish i had higher quality playback system

Make sure you’re set to full res in the Nuke viewer before you launch Mocha as a plugin, it should support 4K already. If you’re using the Mocha VR standalone, make sure you aren’t viewing in proxy mode.

thanks