Wrong tracking

Hi!
There is a scene with a falling glass and a picture on it. The problem is shifting of the picture when the stem starts to crash. As far as I understand, the reason is the tracking of liquid which is inside the glass. I need to limit anyhow the tracking by line of the glass.
Thanks a lot!

Hi!

There is a scene with a falling glass and a picture on it. The problem is shifting of the picture when the stem starts to crash. As far as I understand, the reason is the tracking of liquid which is inside the glass. I need to limit anyhow the tracking by line of the glass.

Thanks a lot!

Thank you for reply.
I’ve done it. But the problem was not solved. I mean the terrific shift is still there.
What can I do to fix the picture (see the 2nd picture).
Denis

Exactly, I am trying to stick the red logo, but it is shifting.

This is slow-motion video with real object.

I think the problem is the liquid inside the glass and some drops on its top. Everything is OK while the glass is falling. But when it touches the ground the liquid splashes out and the drops are sliding by the top surface. So I have a shift of logo.

Thank you for your advices! I will follow them.

Exactly, I am trying to stick the red logo, but it is shifting.
This is slow-motion video with real object.
I think the problem is the liquid inside the glass and some drops on its top. Everything is OK while the glass is falling. But when it touches the ground the liquid splashes out and the drops are sliding by the top surface. So I have a shift of logo.
Thank you for your advices! I will follow them.

Thank you for reply.

I’ve done it. But the problem was not solved. I mean the terrific shift is still there.

What can I do to fix the picture (see the 2nd picture).

Denis

This is a great candidate to use just translation/scale/and rotation on the hard to track parts, up your %angle value, and then use adjust track over the top. This is a deceptively hard track because of the material.
Is it a render or a real object?
Cheers,
Mary

This is a great candidate to use just translation/scale/and rotation on the hard to track parts, up your %angle value, and then use adjust track over the top. This is a deceptively hard track because of the material.

Is it a render or a real object?

Cheers,
Mary

or are you trying to stick the red logo to the glass?

T

Not sure exactly what you’re after.
If you add a second, overlapping spline to a layer, (just like the first spline, but slightly smaller (inside)), it will cut out the shape. So only the edge (area between the 2 splines) will track.
T

Not sure exactly what you’re after.

If you add a second, overlapping spline to a layer, (just like the first spline, but slightly smaller (inside)), it will cut out the shape. So only the edge (area between the 2 splines) will track.

T

I really can’t tell where the problem is…
Things I do:
turn off persp, skew, sometimes even rotate and scale in the tracking model. If only for a frame or 2 to get through a rough couple of frames
use Manual
switch to small movement
manually set the search region (Horizontal, Vert, angle, zoom)
Track both directions away from the problem and use Adjust track to interpolate the surface through the bad frames.
Seems like you have a pretty trackable feature, that red logo.
Maybe just the highlight on the glass is the problem.
Try making a tighter rotoshape on that.
Create a new layer above that, turn off tracking for it, and hand roto out the highlight for all frames.
T

I really can’t tell where the problem is…

Things I do:

turn off persp, skew, sometimes even rotate and scale in the tracking model. If only for a frame or 2 to get through a rough couple of frames

use Manual

switch to small movement

manually set the search region (Horizontal, Vert, angle, zoom)

Track both directions away from the problem and use Adjust track to interpolate the surface through the bad frames.

Seems like you have a pretty trackable feature, that red logo.
Maybe just the highlight on the glass is the problem.

Try making a tighter rotoshape on that.
Create a new layer above that, turn off tracking for it, and hand roto out the highlight for all frames.

T

or are you trying to stick the red logo to the glass?
T

sometimes its best to start with a fresh layer, too…

T

sometimes its best to start with a fresh layer, too…
T