XML Motion Matrix Data

http://www.imagineersystems.com/support/Documentation/images/TrackingExportOptions_001.jpg
How do we do the Motion Matrix .xml export? I just want a per-frame transfrom matrix output.

We’re tracking in Mocha Pro and figuring out the stabilization smoothness and such. We’d LIKE to render out with fill from Mocha, but it’s just unbearable right now. So what we’ve been doing to this point is sending the stabilization data to Fusion and returning a transform matrix from Fusion to Unity, but what we’d like to simplify that some. Of course as it stands now, Mocha Pro does not allow us to export the Center and Crop effect of the stabilize, correct? So we will probably be doing some post processing to get that too. We’re just trying to figure out the most direct method of getting the stabilization animation out of Mocha that we can, and we’re finding the export options pretty constraining.

http://www.imagineersystems.com/support/Documentation/images/TrackingExportOptions_001.jpg

How do we do the Motion Matrix .xml export? I just want a per-frame transfrom matrix output.

Unless I’m doing it wrong, they seem to only be corner pin data.

Unless I’m doing it wrong, they seem to only be corner pin data.

I’m not looking to export to Motion, the Apple product, I just want the animated 3x3 transform matrix for the stabilization.

I’m not looking to export to Motion, the Apple product, I just want the animated 3x3 transform matrix for the stabilization.

3.0.2 for Windows x64.
We’re trying to apply the transform (or the inverse of it, depending on how it outputs) to a piece of geometry with the original video mapped onto the surface to generate a stabilized version.
We could add an additional processing step after we do the export, but because of the number of shots we’re doing, we were hoping to get a more direct route.

3.0.2 for Windows x64.

We’re trying to apply the transform (or the inverse of it, depending on how it outputs) to a piece of geometry with the original video mapped onto the surface to generate a stabilized version.

We could add an additional processing step after we do the export, but because of the number of shots we’re doing, we were hoping to get a more direct route.

We want the stabilized output from Mocha Pro, yes, but as a transform, not the rendered result. We originally wanted to do the rendered output, but the single threaded rendering in Mocha Pro is too slow for the project we have, so we’re going to have to skip that for now. The software we’re ingesting this with is Unity.

We want the stabilized output from Mocha Pro, yes, but as a transform, not the rendered result. We originally wanted to do the rendered output, but the single threaded rendering in Mocha Pro is too slow for the project we have, so we’re going to have to skip that for now. The software we’re ingesting this with is Unity.

We’re tracking in Mocha Pro and figuring out the stabilization smoothness and such. We’d LIKE to render out with fill from Mocha, but it’s just unbearable right now. So what we’ve been doing to this point is sending the stabilization data to Fusion and returning a transform matrix from Fusion to Unity, but what we’d like to simplify that some. Of course as it stands now, Mocha Pro does not allow us to export the Center and Crop effect of the stabilize, correct? So we will probably be doing some post processing to get that too. We’re just trying to figure out the most direct method of getting the stabilization animation out of Mocha that we can, and we’re finding the export options pretty constraining.

The current project ships out in a couple weeks, but we’ll be doing more of these in the future.

The current project ships out in a couple weeks, but we’ll be doing more of these in the future.

OK, are you stabilizing in Unity then or just ingesting into unity?

What software are you using the XMLs in and rendering the stabilize out of?

I thought Unity was a database software, not a graphics software?

OK, are you stabilizing in Unity then or just ingesting into unity?
What software are you using the XMLs in and rendering the stabilize out of?
I thought Unity was a database software, not a graphics software?

Hi Chad,
The closest thing to what you want will be the final cut XML then or the quantel XML exports, both of which come out of mocha Pro. We don’t have a “generic” xml export.
Cheers,
Mary

Hi Chad,

The closest thing to what you want will be the final cut XML then or the quantel XML exports, both of which come out of mocha Pro. We don’t have a “generic” xml export.

Cheers,
Mary

Hi Chad,
What version of mocha are you using? Also, those are our exports for .xml files, and yes, they do contain four corner data. What, specifically, are you trying to use the files for and maybe we can find you a workaround.
Cheers,
Mary

Hi Chad,

What version of mocha are you using? Also, those are our exports for .xml files, and yes, they do contain four corner data. What, specifically, are you trying to use the files for and maybe we can find you a workaround.

Cheers,
Mary